December 2020 Free Patch Sharing Thread

Basic Wub.vital (245.0 KB)

I am only a begginer to music production, so don’t expect too much… In fact I only just got my first midi keyboard for christmas. You might also want to play this sound on very low octaves (find the one that suits you). Feel free to post anything you make with it… it would be greatly apprieciated. Thank you :smile:!

2 Likes

Also, I thought that I should add that that is my first Vital preset… I’m loving it so far :smile:!

Here I tried to recreate the Faithless - Insomnia Pizzicato sound.
Edit:
I just figured, if I put a compressor in the effects lane, it comes even closer:
Weak of Faith - Sleep-deprived©.vital (245.4 KB)
Huh? Why would the forum software interpret a C in parantheses a a copyright sign?:man_facepalming: I just wanted to indicate I used a compressor, compared to the earlier patch…

BassSynth.vital (213.2 KB)
Just trying to make something kewl so I came out with this :smiley: Some simple sound instead of the complexity of SFXs made

@benkeiuk posted a link to a free set of vital presets

1 Like

@Peter.H posted a little sequencer patch plus a couple of other patches here

2 Likes

I will gladly take that.

Just a random trance lead
LD Sky Blue.zip (186.3 KB)
This only includes a preset and a midi file made for the preset.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s two Patch templates:
1.) Slicer Dicer - Uses the audio rate modulation to slice a simple saw tooth in 3 parts. While the first and third part stay as they are, the middle part is modulated by the mod wheel.
Tip: Press a single key, go to advanced tab, watch the waveform and turn the mw.
2.) Zero - Third - Fifth - Octave: A little Arp/Seq Demo which uses the modulation curve of a modulation to restrict the pitch modulation to “resonable” values while turning the mod wheel up and down.
Slicer Dicer.vital (395.7 KB) Zero - Third - Fifth - Octave Arp (MW).vital (161.4 KB)

2 Likes

These are good!

Synthv3_1.vital (2.3 MB)

1 Like

Here’s an experimental patch which uses a “Drumkit in a Single Wavetable” to modulate another Oscillator. Please use the MW to modulate from a rhythmical pattern into “tuned noize”.

The rhythmical pattern comes from the clear transients of each single wavetable slot in the “Drumkit” wavetable. If you play it low note and scan through it slowely you can even kind of recognize the individual isntruments. If (by the MW) we increase the pitch of the “Drumkit” the rhythm slowely dissolves into a more noize like pattern.

The Drum Wavetable Rhythminator (MW).vital (384.5 KB)

2 Likes

@Peter.H posted an acid style preset here

2 Likes

organlikeflute.vital (489.5 KB)

My very first patch I made today. I am new to this, so please be kind. I am still learning - at least I hope I will…

Simple E-Piano.vital (1.6 MB)

and a second one…

1 Like

I made a preset bank of my sounds I made for my entry in the One Synt Challlenge.
Here it is:
OSC142 SeBaer - Neuronal Short Circuit.vitalbank (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Here is a compilation (as a Vital Patch Bank) of more than 300 patches posted to the forum in December 2020:
December 2020 Free Patch Sharing Thread.vitalbank

Patches were contributed to the forum by the following forum members:
ag13
andrew_a
Astrotype
benkeiuk
Chaney
Clock
craftalmusic
future31288
glenn
Happybirthdaytwice
Heiko
ioze
JOBO
josi.ayensa
Jtunes
kpanic
Krel
Linguae
mr.sp
O.F.F.M.E.T.A
Paradoxic
paul657
Peter.H
platipo
rasmus
rasputin1963
Rockingricky
SeBaer
serpineslair
serratjavier
Sirius360
snfk
The_Innervoid
TheoVanDeWitt
unu
vcvr
vicee
waveshaper
yunison

If I have missed anyone out, or anyone would like their patches removed from this compilation bank, please let me know.

In addition to these patches:
@carl.caulkett is maintaining an archive of patches posted onto discord.
@josi.ayensa maintains (and contributes to) an online repository of vital patches.
@snfk has a free pack of 100 vital presets
@Clock has published a free pack of vital presets.
@ANNMS has published a pack of 170 free presets.

Got patches to share? Want to find more patches? Then look for other monthly patch sharing threads :slight_smile:

Please don’t post any more patches to this thread, find the thread for the current month. Thanks.

9 Likes

really a nice sounding allround pack.
thanks for collecting @andrew_a

2 Likes

Hi Andrew, this collection is really cool :sunglasses:
Thanks for your work and good luck, health and all the other best wishes for the next year:
:money_mouth_face::heart_eyes::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks to all the contributors.
Even adjusting the output levels is part of the learning curve innit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks @andrew_a for made this thread and for your work with it :pray:t2:

4 Likes