Merry Christmas! - Free soundbank for you lovely Vital folk

Hello all, first off I hope you’re doing well in the run up to Christmas.

I’ve been playing about with Vital since release and have amassed some lovely sounds now. So I decided to package some up as a free Christmas gift for anyone who wants them.

Just to give you an idea of the sort of sounds in the pack - I have been making music for just under 25 years now and run 2 records labels - one is called Dalston Chillies Records and is for authentic 90’s sounding Jungle. The second is a collaboration with another producer called Fushara and is for more up to date DnB stuff but with a spaced out, hard atmospheric vibe.

So expect lush pads, leads and various mutated basses as well as a few oddities like semi-random sequences, just to showcase the power of Vital.

Enjoy! And if you end up using any of the sounds, I’d love to hear the results!

Ben Kei

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11dtEp5m07Df6xsvtSpsromvDWuChyonr/view?usp=sharing

26 Likes

Happy holidays, thanks for sharing :wink:

Loved “Sparkling pad” !!

2 Likes

nice, thanks! downloading now (one can never have too many presets)…

it’s a great set, thanks again (altho i am sure i will never use a sound called ‘robot fart’ :laughing: )

1 Like

Nice one! I’m glad there’s something in there you found useful.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Ben, happy Christmas holidays!
Best wishes

2 Likes

The Noodling dub generator is just superb. Thank you so much and Merry Christmas all of you!

1 Like

thanks for sharing! cool stuff - what a treat

Hi thanks for your sharing and happy holydays :grinning:

gennaro

Thanks Carlos!

I wanted to have a go at something a bit generative and after fiddling with the chord options for unison, it really made that one come together nicely.

2 Likes

You have really good chords patches and more stuff that sound so good. But specially chords IMO. Maybe you would get a good bank only with chords. Anyway, superb stuff!

2 Likes

Thank you for being so kind and generous in this tough time :smile: . Thank you for the presets!

1 Like

It’s been an odd year.

I run a chilli sauce company for a living as well as the music stuff. With all the waves of lockdowns and various issues with imports etc… it’s been really tough to actually work this year. As a side effect of that, I’ve probably had the most productive year musically that I’ve had in maybe the last 15 years!

It’s how come I actually had time to sit down and learn a new synth and pull some presets together. Quite a few of these would never fit into the type of music I make but equally, it’s good to understand how those sound are made… so I figured someone somewhere would get some use out of them, so you’re very welcome.

@Carlos - I do quite a lot of deep and meditative stuff, whilst still being pretty sturdy for the dancefloor. I’ve been DJing since 1996 and so a lot of the music I make is focussed at the dance floor.
But I still love the deepness and atmospheric side of electronic music. The new label I started with a friend this year was kind of by mistake really, we have very similar ethos with our music and I asked him to remix something of mine and it turned into a whole project. But it’s all very chord heavy, deep and atmospheric.

3 Likes

Well, i lost my job and although it wasn´t related to my University Degree (Marketing and Communication) now i am quite a lost. But music has been pretty much like a lifeguard at this time. I´ve made music for the last 20 years but for a hobby anymore. I´ve Djing but not so long. And during this year i have made plenty of sounds, for Hive, Repro, Zebra, Diva, Thorn, ABL Pro, Gladiator 3, Rayblaster, Odin 2…, and that days, for Vital. I am pure dancefloor too, but i can make any kind of sound. Usually i make my sound design for industrial and techno, but other times i feel comfortable about Physical Modelling, or creating evolving pads or atmospheres, etc. Summarizing, a bit of everything. And there are people here that make so good sound design as well.

1 Like

Thank you.

And here a patch from Ben´s SoundBank. This is a revision from his “Soft like putty” patch. I hope he´ll approve that. Enjoy! Soft Like Putty (Gate Review).vital (962.7 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks Ben!
Merry Christmas!

Nice. I’ll grab it and give it a listen.

And of course I wouldn’t mind! Presets are just starting points really, I don’t think I ever use a preset without tweaking it a bit.

3 Likes

I hope you like this revision. I will do more from time to time.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the presets.

2 Likes

thx for the presets and keeping djing and reccords alive!

1 Like