Merry Christmas! - Free soundbank for you lovely Vital folk

Thank you.

1 Like

my favourites are
egyptian chillout room
running on blades
shuddering 5ths

1 Like

BASSOBATTERIA.vital (325.2 KB) Future Basant1.vital (2.4 MB) Future Basant7ritmohip.vital (2.4 MB) …come ti sembrano? …non ho imparato ad usare bene questo forum per cui non so se questi preset sono a disposizione di tutti ( come vorrei) o se te li ho mandati solo a te…!?

2 Likes

Very generous, thank you so much!

1 Like

thank you
best wishes

1 Like

How do I install this please?

On the top menu, just after the save preset icon is another icon with 3 horizontal lines.
Click on that and select import bank.

Hey Ben,

as you are a DJ, make Music and run Labels i want to ask you something,

What can someone do to make it easyer for the DJ when creating a song?

So for example many songs have something like a build up before the drums start, and then before the drums start some sounds that kind of anounce when the drums are starting. Or maybe some sonds in the build up to synchronize the records? (Only did some danchall reggea mixtapes, back then when we had to use tape decks and stuff. But there is no real mixing involved) Is this done with intention or just a side effect?
Are there other things like this one can do?

Really like your presets! They contain so much sounds from the last 30 years of music, thanks again for posting them!
Will try to post something here that i do with em, but i have to work a little more on that first.

Amazing sounds especially loved your Cascades, Lush 7th Pad, Sequenced Pads and Sparkling Pads. Great Set! Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for those. Holiday fun for us all.

All the best to you and yours in the new year.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey VCVR, interesting question.

honestly, I try to split making music from DJing but the 2 are intrinsically linked for me and both end up influencing each other whether I like it or not!

I do tend to add some kind marker for DJs in most of the intros to my tunes, unless they start with drums to begin with. That could be some kind of melody, or a simple percussion pattern, or even a single hit, percussive or musical which happens on the first beat of a 4/8/16th bar for example.

But equally, I quite like things that mess with the DJ a bit too. Like a melody which starts off beat. So although it might be the first sound in the track, it could be hitting on beat number 2 of the first bar, or a half beat etc… having things always landing on the first beat of a bar all the time is a pretty rigid way of doing things and it might help the DJs but it can lead to fairly formulaic music for anyone else who’s just wanting to listen to a track.
And most DJs will mix the track in, realise it actually starts off-beat and then just mix it in again correctly anyway. The first mix through to the drop is usually done in the headphones anyway so the DJ can check that it actually does drop on beat and in time.

The most recent release of mine is a new collaborative project with a friend, it’s pretty deep atmospheric DnB stuff. A bit harder on the drums side of things than a lot of atmospheric stuff is but very involved on the synth textures and stuff.
One of the tracks on there ended up with over 40 tracks of synths and another 70+ channels of automation! But we were in full lockdown and I needed something really involved to get my head out of the new news do a bit.

You can have a listen here if you’re interested - https://constellationsdnb.bandcamp.com/releases

Cheers!
Ben

Hey Ben,

Thanks a lot for that detailed answer! Very interesting to read.

Really like your music, usually i´m not so much with atmospheric stuff, but this is powerfull.

Is there a way to buy your music, without paypal? I would use it if could send them money, but i don´t like them to debit my bank account. Seems to me this is not possible, maybe you have some other way.

Cheers!

I stumbled upon “Dubby Hit” and I have traced it down to this discussion. Thank you for this present, and the rest of course!

Thanks icaria36! I’m glad you found some use for it.

1 Like