January 2021 Free Patch Sharing Thread

Post your free Vital patches here!

Note:
I thought it might be useful (for new users especially) to have a single place to find free patches. At the end of the month I can collect them all up and re-post them as a Vital bank.

I thought this thread could be limited to free stuff. Producers of commercial patches can have their own threads and thus make a bit more of a fanfare to promote their super sounds.

Vital banks from previous months can be downloaded here:
November 2020 Free Patch Sharing Thread.vitalbank
December 2020 Free Patch Sharing Thread.vitalbank

20 Likes

Here’s a simple FM plucky lead - Plucky.vital (395.5 KB)
Velocity has been mapped to volume and mod wheel to distortion. Macro 1 changes the tone by adding a 2nd filter and phaser.

Here’s a pad - Pad with a pulse.vital (3.3 MB)
I’ve used some of the supplied wavetables and a filter sweep. There’s a pulse that triggers on the 1st beat of bar (so hold down notes to hear).
Macro 1 is mapped to delay - so use this to send the pulse into space!

on the run (sort of).vital (246.9 KB)
A bit of the Pink Floyd vibe.

2 Likes

Template Patch to demonstrate how you can have velocity ranges
This patch shows how you can have 3 velocity ranges and map each range to one Oscillator.
Could be funny to run this through an Arp with random velocity.

Template Velocity Range.vital (235.5 KB)

3 Likes

nice work :ok_hand:

1 Like

And here’s another one … based on the Velocity Range Template I’ve decided to replace “Velocity” by just some LFO … and added some more sound design magic … Use the MW to increase the speed of the rhythm in 4 distinct steps.
Time For Some Rhythm (MW).vital (311.0 KB)

3 Likes

We Are The Robots - My take on the famous Kraftwerk bass sequence
Kraftwerk - We Are The Robots.vital (122.6 KB)

3 Likes

Sequence.vital (160.7 KB)

3 Likes

Just tried to make sort of a trumpet preset.

trumpetier.vital (1.6 MB)

OSC 142 BassBirds.vital (263.5 KB) it´s just birds.

1 Like

Here an night psytrance trippy FM Lead, his Wavetable and one string sample I recorded for you :sunglasses:
I suggest to use an arpeggiator with some little eq, saturation and compression for a best groove and impact in the mix. I like to add some short stereo reverb or maybe a delay :+1:t2:

Enjoy it! :om:

Trip Fm.vital (537.7 KB)
TRIP FM.vitaltable (378.5 KB)
Trip Fm - Sample #G.wav.zip (8.7 MB)

2 Likes

@SeBaer posted a patch (based on a @snfk patch).

2 Likes

80’s brassy synth patch Poly synth brass.vital (4.1 MB)

1 Like

Hi Peter, I took the liberty of further messing around with that preset. I hope, we don’t get a copyright claim. :laughing:
Kraftwerk - Wir sind die Roboter.vital (205.5 KB)
Finetuning the timing of the TTWT is just annoying.
Edit: I replaced the patch, the bass was still muted.
Edit 2: Replaced the patch again, after some finetuning at 50 BPM

2 Likes

Wow! Great Work! BTW: The bass was still muted when I downloaded your patch today.

I think we need a “Original” Kraftwerk Patch-Bank. I just recently listend to not only “We are the robots” but “It’s more fun to compute” as well. The whole album “Computerwelt” and “Man Machine” are so deeply burnt into my musical brain … Listen, and keep in mind this is the 1980ties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3odl-KoNZwk … damn, when the Arp starts I get goose bumps

That said - I don’t know how to get this Vocoder sounds of “We are the robots” or even close to them . I would have tried some Ampliude modulation but “our” patch is already exhausted on LFOs … Any Idea how one can come close to the Kraftwerk Vocoder Sound?

1 Like

Hmm, quite difficult. I guess the TTWT function doesn’t provide the best basis. Also, I guess you would need a dedicated vocoder, preferably on a male voice. So, maybe process the vocals outside Vital, and import it as wavetable. Alternatively ask the provider of the TTS service (or rather ask @tytel to ask them) to implement a Kraftwerk inspired TTS algorithm. But that does somewhat take the fun out of it.
Inside Vital, I can think of no option, at the moment. At least inside the patch. Maybe, if you dedicate a whole patch just to the creation of the voice, and then render it as a wavetable. But that would still be more challenging than to edit the voice with dedicated tools.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: Curses, i keep screwing up… Try again…
I also quickly revised the spectral morph on the high pitched melody.

Kraftwerk - Wir sind die Roboter revised.vital (205.6 KB)

1 Like

Brass Lead.vital (170.9 KB) Silence Arp.vital (170.6 KB) Cities.vital (170.3 KB) Control.vital (170.3 KB) Broken Heart.vital (170.5 KB) Dire Dire Docks.vital (394.9 KB) Analog Brass.vital (560.9 KB) Unhappy Panflute.vital (170.5 KB) Analog Emulation.vital (610.4 KB) Builder.vital (360.1 KB)

I’m working on another pack of free presets, and these are just a few of them right now. I’m particularly proud of Dire Dire Docks because it does a good job emulating the DX7. That third oscillator makes a big difference!

A few of the preset included were modeled after synths in various songs, so have fun with those too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Picasso Snare.vital (173.0 KB) Accciddd by Peter H Saw Waves.vital (141.6 KB) Saw Sweep.vital (1.6 MB) Water Kick.vital (265.3 KB)

This is more about Wavetables then presets.

Watersounds are taken from freetousesounds.

edit: removed waterfallsounds because the file was to big.

3 Likes