GUI for Vital opens but is blank

Loads in ableton 9 and 10 but is just a blank gui with a pop up that says “unsupported openGL version … Vital requires opengl 1.4”
i did a scan on my computer and found i have openGL 3.1 so it should work i would imagine ?

2 Likes

It might be that you need OpenGL 3.2…
I should update that on the site.

1 Like

I also have

1 Like

I did some further testing and it opens fine and downloaded the presets in a recent version of Reaper DAW on the same machine… still blank gui in Ableton tho ( getting sound at least, even if it is just the init preset)

Also I checked, i’ve got the latest graphics drivers for my machine… maybe it doesn’t support more recent openGL… it is an older machine

I have no pop up about openGL, but I also have blank GUI. I realized it only happens on my second screen and it works perfectly on the main screen.

I opened a topic there:

I have the same issue using Ableton Suite 10.1.30 - however, it DOES work just fine in my Bandlab Cakewalk. I was able to use it there to create and save presets, so my system does support it - just not under Ableton where Vital does not open the email link but opens a blank frame, and gives the missing OpenGL message box, as cited. The VST dll is NOT showing up in Ableton under my VST3 folder, but was recognized as a VST3 under CW. I am also having issues with it running standalone (tries to open a window, but dies with no error message). My PC has the Intel onboard HD graphics chipset. We likely need some guidance/links about how to install/updage OpenGL, check the version and make sure all the system hooks are in place, if you can provide advice for that. Thanks

Same problem here. I have OpenGL 3.1, which is the latest for my laptop.

hello i also encountered the same problem on an asus x54c laptop with internal graphics card (no nvidia or ati) with windows 10 64 bit :roll_eyes:

I’m getting the same issue even though I have opengl32.dll installed on Windows 10. :confused:

For Matt: I opened a support request with Ableton (bug #2477129), since from the symptoms reported thus far, this looks to be an integration problem with Ableton, since Vital works fine with Reaper, Cakewalk, Bitwig, and others. I later sent them the Ableton Status Report and a screen shot (#2477152). I suggested they download Vital and try to recreate the problem on their systems. Seems to me that the DLL cannot discover the hooks to access OpenGL via Ableton (returns v0 per the dialog box?) where it is successful with the other DAWs. You may want/need to co-ordinate with Berlin. My $.02. Good luck - you must be swamped with all the new release headaches!

For Matt: I opened a support request with Ableton (bug #2477129), since from the symptoms reported thus far, this looks to be an integration problem with Ableton, since Vital works fine with Reaper, Cakewalk, Bitwig, and others. I later sent them the Ableton Status Report and a screen shot (#2477152). I suggested they download Vital and try to recreate the problem on their systems. Seems to me that the DLL cannot discover the hooks to access OpenGL via Ableton (returns v0 per the dialog box?) where it is successful with the other DAWs. You may want/need to co-ordinate with Berlin. My $.02. Good luck - you must be swamped with all the new release headaches!

@Matt

This type of problem has been reported by quite a few people using a number of different VSTs. For example Scaler by Plugin Boutique and XO by XLN Audio have/had this problem. It seems to be related to OpenGL (I have version 3.1). I raised this issue with the Scaler developers and they produced a fix. I’m sure they would be happy to talk to you about it.

@Tytel
It works in Reason 11 with no errors that I can deduce but when opening in Cubase 11 it states the OpenGL error.

Hi Matt,

Any chance of a fix for those of us with older PCs?

I have a 2011 Sweetwater Creation Station with Windows 10 and an onboard Intel Graphics card
Am getting the blank screen and this message “Vital requires OpenGL version 1.4
Supported version1.208”

See my replies in the other thread where you posted this issue. OpenGL 1.4 was released in 2002. Not sure why a computer built in 2011 wouldn’t have 1.4 capabilities.

It’s actually OpenGL 3.2 and shader language 1.4. OpenGL 3.2 came out in 2009 so I guess it’s possible that computer doesn’t support it.

Ahh I see that explains it then.

Tried v1.0.3, dated the afternoon of Nov. 24th, same GUI problems still exist for both Stand Alone and running under Ableton. Stand Alone tried to open the synth frame, hangs for a few seconds, then disappears with no error message or anything. Under Ableton, it opens a dark window, then gives the Error message dialog box ("…requires OpenGL 1.4", then returns version 0). I tried running both the main 64 bit VST as well as the VST3 and both perform the same way. In the Ableton MIDI track in Session view, Init Preset is loaded into the sound engine and can make sound, but of course, one can’t navigate the synth without a GUI. Vital 1.0.2, and 1.0.3 still run just fine under Bandlab Cakewalk, showing all graphics and all features are working, so its not the computer, since it is getting to the OpenGL drivers somehow in CW. Please post on the website when new versions of Vital come out - I’ve been running v1.0.2 since the morning of the 24th and didn’t know I could have tried a new version until today.

Same with FL Studio 20.7

1 Like