Vital requires open Gl version:1.4

hi guys can you help me here? i just download and the image is blank says vital requires open gl version:1.4 supported version:0
i dont see any other versions so i dony get it?
thanks

hi ricardo
There is a similar issue opened there

Having this problem in WINE on Manjaro Linux. Any idea how to fix this?

vital_opengl_error

I don’t support using Vital through wine (there’s a native linux version)

1 Like

I’ve been ‘working’ on the issue.

glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (HSW GT2)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 21.2.1
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 21.2.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 21.2.1
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

not sure what “OpenGL” means in context, but I’m sharing my findings:

hoo_boy

and at that, it is the correct version, but for some reason WINE or Vital is getting lost in translation.

Some say that it’s a “hard-coded hardware issue” but if that were the case, Vital wouldn’t work on the same machine with either the Windows or Native Linux versions, which do work.

The reason I need Vital on WINE to work is because I have unfinished projects that were made on windows that contain windows plugins. And I don’t own a copy of windows now. That’s my problem but if I can track down the reason it ought to help someone else out there.

I did a grep on GLX “shading” and it seems that there’s some sort of disparity or ambiguity in the reporting of the shading version profile and the shading version string:

OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

The workaround for my situation with my particular on-cpu graphics problem running Vital in WINE:

For those who are using for example, an Integrated Intel graphics CPU who need the Vital.dll to work in Reaper in WINE, but gives you a black screen (or some other DAW) , and if you’re getting the OpenGl 1.4 error, and your system is using the MESA driver, then try this temporary environmental variable to start your DAW: (in this case, Reaper) It will cause Reaper and all your .dll plugins to see version 4.5 of OpenGL. You may not have 4.5 so check your ‘glxinfo’

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 wine ‘/home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/REAPER (x64)/reaper.exe’

(where I wronte ‘/home/username…reaper.exe’ you must substitute your own DAW’s path of course.)

This temporarily tells WINE to use 4.5 as it’s “OpenGL (Shader) Version String”

If for some reason you want/need to try Vital.exe as a standalone on Linux via WINE, and are in the crowd who gets only a black screen with the OpenGL 1.4 error, then write the same command prefix, of course making sure it is the proper driver.

Your system might be using a different driver to perform OpenGL duties, so start with this command to start troubleshooting:

glxinfo | grep OpenGL

The Linux Distro i am using is Manjaro and here is a link to the thread in which the very kind forum member SDN patiently helped figure out what the heck was going on.

so, this matter is fixable, on either the user side, WINE’s side or Vital’s side but for now it seems to work like a charm!

My reason of using vital through wine is because native linux version crashes reaper when more than 2 instance of vital are open. This bug still exists unfortunately.

Bueno acabo de solucionar mi problema despues de ver tutoriales para instalar opengl, pero en este caso al solucion fue distinta, fui a -inicio -administrador de dispositivos- adaptadores de pantalla, tengo AMD Radeon y me encuentro con que estaba inhabilitado. Click en habilitar. Y al abrir el Vital funcionaba.
Saludos amigos

1 Like