Vital 1.5 public release

Updates, man, updates.

Thereā€™s a thread about that. Matt was ā€œoutā€ due to personal stuff until Aprilā€™23. Hopefully heā€™s back and everything right.

Hope to see an update soon where it is possible to select the same effect more than once and hopefully also have more FX slots. It would create way more options for sound design :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just curious: what features can we expect in the nearest update and when itā€™s going to be released?

2 Likes

Iā€™m also curious. When will this version be considered out of beta, or no longer an Early Access?

1 Like

If you look at Matt Tytels last post, he had to take a break for a while for personal reasons (which I hope we all understand). But he didnā€™t state anything about his plans to continue development. Would also be curious what the current state is.

Edit: The poster below pointed out that Matt very likely did state that heā€™s working on Vital.

1 Like
  • 1 to this. Would love to know the state of Vital and whereā€™s heading to. However, he did mention heā€™s still working on Vital

I think he meant ā€˜ONā€™ not AND.

But, in any case, would love to see whatā€™s next. When is 1.5 getting out of beta, lots of things before we can have a safer roadmap upon us. Or, at least a confirmation that itā€™s still under development

3 Likes

For now it looks more like abandoned project, tbh.

1 Like

Matt confirmed in April heā€™s is still working on the project and had to take time away for personal reasons.
Abandoned seems a bit dramatic, no?

1 Like

I see whereā€™s @Igro is coming from. Itā€™s not abandoned, but it seems paused for sure.
As you said @LarryHotbottoms, Matt took a break due to personal issues, but when youā€™re a one-man band, and you take a break for such a long time, I see where @Igro comes fromā€¦

Itā€™s the solopreneur dilemma

I agree - I just think many people misunderstand the actual work involved in creating and maintaining a project this large. Vital would be an impressive product even coming from a multinational corporation with hundreds of devs

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I just came back to check on any progress. I have to agree with Igro, it feels like Vital should be classified as abandoned now.

There are still people reporting problems with the latest version so that rules it out as a finished product.

Shame as itā€™s a great synth when itā€™s working and it had so much potential.

The difference is that ā€œhundreds of devsā€ would have fixed the bugs by now.

To think a ā€˜finishedā€™ software product has no further issues, bugs, or glitches is absurd. Even hundreds of devs canā€™t save you from that. The irony.

I dunno could just be me, but I see a lot of people making demands and assumptions about Matt and his time, and I donā€™t think that helps the community in any way.

3 Likes

He s a genius ! This is the best , and its free if you like ! Think i m jumping of a cliff .

Interesting, if the development goes suddenly further after the Serum 2 release))

Iā€™m probably a little late to the party, but Iā€™m just popping in to make you aware that Vital is crashing Reaper as soon as I attempt to open the GUI. Works fine with playback if the plugin is never opened. I found this to be the case with VSTi, VST3, and CLAPi versions. Running Windows 10. Here is a link to the crash dump file if it could be any help.

Iā€™m just going to roll back to the latest version that works for my set up and check back in later on.
I love this synth though, I must say. I had a hard time getting into wavetable synths prior to using Vital, now its my go-to for whatever tickles my fancy.

So thank you, Matt, for devoting so much of your time and energy to creating such a fantastic synth for the community.

2 Likes

what happens if you run vital as a separate process or dedicated process etc?

People are still reporting issues with 1.5.5 (see the one posted above this) and if they paid for a product and received an obviously faulty product then they have a right to be demanding. Would you buy any other product and if itā€™s faulty then say ā€œI guess they donā€™t have time to fix itā€ and just take the loss without pushing back?

When Matt offered products for sale it became a business and then there is an obligation to serve your paying customers. If you canā€™t run a business then shut it down and stop accepting payments. Heā€™s still accepting payments for a faulty product.

I think itā€™s highly likely that 90% of the user base are freeloaders and Iā€™ve said it from day one that releasing the nearly uncrippled free version was a mistake.

I have nothing at all against Matt and wish him the best but the way he has been handling things is unacceptable.

Sorry thatā€™s harsh but such is the nature of reality.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been paying the subscription based on faith in Matt. There are business models where this could work with it being free, but they all require a team that is fully engaged, not a talented solopreneur.

Iā€™ve no idea what Mattā€™s dealing with in his private life, but no question the community needs his leadership and the business needs either his attention or recruiting a team willing to take on the responsibility of promoting his vision.

1 Like