Vital 1.5 public release

I’m running an older macOS 13.6 (rock solid, and hardware maxed out, can’t upgrade) and the new 1.5.5 flickers so bad that I can’t look at it. Tried it at various zoom levels, but no good.

I suspect that it’s because my build of macOS (and the video card) do not support ‘metal’ rendering. If there’s anything I can do to help, or test, let me know. Happy to assist, or provide access to the machine so you can see it.

1 Like

huh?
afaik 13.4.1(c) (22F770820d) (July 12, 2023) is the newest (aka ventura)

I guess it means High Sierra; 10.13.6

Same problems of 23djaii. High Sierra on iMac 2011 not Metal capable. Never saw a plugin flickering like this one before… :slight_smile: The strange thing is all other VI i installed on this iMac runs pretty smooth without issues, even those where High Sierra (as they say) is not supported anymore… Weird… :slight_smile:

Too bad… I was curious to check this synth looking very promising but not enough supported for the little I read on this forum…

anyone i have older version and just today i found out i cant use vital in pro tools. any news? can i use new version in pro tools?

Why does 1.5.4 download and work fine on my laptop, but 1.5.5 does not; a blank screen comes up with 1.5.5. When I reinstall 1.5.4. everything works again. What’s going on?

1 Like

1.5 installs and Vital opens in both Cubase, Logic and stand alone, but no graphics. Only a white area where the graphics used to be. Tried all the 1.5 versions but had to revert to my older version, but then alas some newly downloaded presets do not work, only asks for a new Vital version. Catch 22.
MAC Pro OS Sierra. Cubase 10. Logic 10.3.

1 Like