Vital 1.5 public release

will the new update overwrite old vital and my older presets?

I donā€™t understand. So is Vital 1.5 early access or not? And whereā€™s 1.5.4? I can only see 1.5.3 as Early access, and 1.0.8 as the latest stableā€¦

i think 1.54 was removed because it was buggy. 1.5.3 seems to be the most current. maybe itā€™s under an ā€˜earlyā€™ heading but it is public.

1 Like

GUI Scaling problem is still here for CLAP version Macbook Air M1 2020, btw no problems on Windows 10 (4k 150% scaling)

1 Like

I fixed some compatibilty with older Windows setups in 1.5.5. Not sure if it covers Windows 7 but can you try it out and let me know if it works? https://account.vital.audio/

1 Like

Just tried 1.5.5.
Unfortunately, it still does not work under Win 7. Neither the VSTs nor the Standalone. Before installation, I set the default skin in the old version to avoid possible problems with graphics. Crashes on load.

I will hope for updates in the future.

is it because of some driver that Microsoft doesnā€™t maintain for W7?

Hi :slight_smile:
Just upped from 1.0.7 version to 1.5.1. It works as it should, but when I move the vst to my synths folder it magically sets back to version 1.07ā€¦ Anything you or I could do to have my synths organised? :slight_smile: Thanks in advance <3

Look at your DAW settings and look at the search path settings for the plugins VST, VST3 and CLAP.
If the following exists in all of those paths, delete them all.
Vital.dll
Vital vst3
Vital clap
Restart your DAW and confirm that Vital is no longer available.
Please install the new version.

<3 Thanks. That did the trick

Whatā€™s the minimum graphics card requirement on Windows 10? Iā€™ve got an Nvidia GT610 and I get a black plugin window on 1.5.4. Resetting to default skin before installing 1.5.4 doesnā€™t help either.

Edit: Iā€™ve run Open GL tests for this card via OpenGL Extensions Viewer 6.3 and it passes all tests from Opn GL 3.0 to OpenGL 4.5.

Iā€™ve updated Vital with Vital Plus 1.5.5 for Windows obtained from the account page. Iā€™m on Windows 11 22H2.

It crashes when I click the ā€œAdvancedā€ button, and even the ā€œMatrixā€ except when Iā€™m still in the Init preset (just after launching Vital). I donā€™t get any error, Vital just closes.

1 Like

Hi,

New Vital user - downloaded v1.5.5

Crashes as soon as clicking ā€œadvancedā€
Crashes ā€œsometimesā€ when scrolling and selecting presets

The crashes happen both when running Vital standalone and within LogicPro

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB
macOS: 12.6.1 (21G217)

Phil

1 Like

Hey everyone
Standalone and vst 3 crashes on v1.5 for me
when i go to advanced tab or scroll in the presets
never had issues before this update
the crash accrues randomly
1.07 was working great
is there anything i am missing or i could do to make it stop crash
thanks in advance

I work on windows 10 Cubase 12
Intel Core i9 9900KF @ 3.60GHz
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
64.0GB Dual-@ 1200MHz

Dropped back to v1.5.3 - none of the crashes seen in v1.5.5 are present and everything is much more stable - so will stick with 1.5.3 for now

thanks i will try

Can you try redownloading and reinstalling?
I accidentally uploaded a broken build yesterday and it should be fixed now.

Also @phil and @valeryshpo

4 Likes

Re-downloaded 1.5.5 - previous crashes are no longer happening for me (click on advanced tab and preset selection)

Phil

1 Like

works with no crushes for me as well thank you @Tytel

1 Like

Thanks @Tytel I confirm it works fine now.

2 Likes