New version crash on linux Manjaro

i have also problems with this version on elementary os but its was before working.
when i try to start vital in the terminal i get this logs.

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
[1]    3137 killed     vital

hopefully i can help with my input.
and happy new year by the way :smiley:

proprietary nvidia 455 here.

Proprietary Nvidia driver version 450.80.02, here. (Gnome 3.38.2, kernel 5.9.15, on a 64-bit Debian testing system…)

proprietary nvidia-455

Alright someone else mentioned that it works if using the mesa drivers so is something related to nvidia’s drivers. So this will probably have to wait till I get back to my linux box with an nvidia gpu before I can fix this.

2 Likes

Same problem here (UI flashing when animation is active), Arch Linux with Intel graphics. No crashes, though.

$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (HSW GT2)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.3.1
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 20.3.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 20.3.1
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

No such issues with 1.0.3.

EDIT: some interesting observation. In the Effects page, flashing does not occur when only Chorus, Compressor or Delay module are activated (even when animating). It happens with any other module only.

Happy new year guys !!!.
but its was once working with the nivida driver, where i can download the old version ?

From your account on Vital Audio page.

i can’t see under accounts a list with all releases :frowning: can you describe it or send a link pls

Click on “All Downloads”.

I did but than i see a empty page but i didn’t buy jet a version ^^

1. the same here

update 1.04 does not work properly, the sound is louder sharper! know
not sure
i couldn’t test it properly. oversampling 8x still works badly when I press several keys even more error messages in jack as 1.03 but with 4x oversampling it works reasonably with errors
only 1.04 stja!
the first minutes it worked, then everything started flashing when i press a keyboard key,
was curious after the update i was hoping to
start recording with vital, it looks like I have to wait
for the rest love it like helm thanks

for the rest love it like helmet thanks
avlinux mxe p9x79 - i73820 16gb amd boniar 2.50.0,5.9.1 rt20avl1, llvm 7.01 (amd r7 260x)

This is fixed now. You should be able to see all the downloads.

I haven’t made any changes to the sound so I’m not sure what you’re hearing. Also, I wouldn’t recommend using 4x or 8x unless you need it for some reason.

oke sorry, hearing and thinking to hear remains mysterious
i think it forgot to set device type and audio buffer rate when testing new version thanks

Crashes on me also, both standalone and VST3
Ubuntu 20.04, kernel 5.4.0-58-generic
How do I download an older version?

OK, the download page at least works for me now, so I was able to downgrade to 1.0.3, which still works. Thanks for that!

BTW, it seems like the ‘check for updates’ setting isn’t working in Linux? I’ve never gotten any kind of notice of a new version being available when loading the plugin…

To find older versions, on the website, go to ‘account’, then click on ‘all downloads’. (The page had some issues for some people earlier, but appears to be fixed now, at least for me.)

I join the club: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - Version 1.0.3 works fine, Version 1.0.4 crashes with “Killed” in the terminal. And I can confirm that the “update” feature is not working - it’s not even notifying me of new versions.

Running Debian testing with proprietary nvidia drivers using Bitwig 3.3.1 and having similar issues, 1.0.4 crashes immediately while 1.0.3 works fine.