Vital youtube tutorials,please share :)

wow that was super quick to achieve just the basis of the sound!

Made this video about possible uncommon uses of LFOs, hope you like it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

For new sound designers I have a"How to create a Pad / landscape sound with the filters" Video this shows the use of subtractive synthesis to get a dynamic sound. Hope you enjoy!

Oh and you can get the free preset here …Free Vital Slow Sweeping Pad

Subtractive%20SynthesisVitalForum

1 Like

A quick video on how to create a Bell using the FM OSC function. Its really simple to do.
If you have wondered how the FM OSC function works it also covers that too.
Next week I will publish part 2 which adds macros, filters, effects etc

The free full feature Preset is here https://vitalexp.com/download/fm-bell/

The You Tube video is here
FM%20Bell%20Video%20part1

Enjoy your weekend!
Andy

2 Likes

Coo, it seems like bells are all the rave at the moment :smiley:
I made it one on the same topic, “slightly” more verbose and abstract

3 Likes

Here’s my new bass growl tutorial and 3 presets to go along with it

VITAL Tutorial | Advanced Tearout Synthesis (Free Download) [FIN/ENG] - YouTube

granuleezy.vital (1.9 MB)
spectrum a blend.vital (1.0 MB)
basic twispy.vital (1.2 MB)

2 Likes

check these out:

This is me showing how i used the sampler inside Vital to get a fun and interesting synth sound using a Cow’s Moo- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBCXls9roQA

Hi Platipo that’s an awesome video with some great tips. :blush:

Thanks

1 Like

Should have really posted this (Vital Sound Design Tutorial: Creating Custom Wavetables With Hardware 🤩) here.

1 Like

Last week I shared a quick video on how to create a Bell using the FM OSC function. Its really simple to do.
This week, in Part 2 I have expanded on this with some other ideas how you can enhance it.
Create a Bell sound in Vital using FM (frequency modulation) PART 2

The free full feature Preset is here https://vitalexp.com/download/fm-bell/

Have a good weekend
Andy

1 Like

If you are running Vital Standalone and want to change the BPM, here’s a short how to video with a couple of options. I have created a couple of macros to help which can be downloaded here too

standalone3

Have a great weekend!
Andy

2 Likes
1 Like

This I found inspiring. From DataBroth

5 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

nice tutorial.

could you upload the sounds from your first tutorial? you posted them on wetransfer, but that link expires after a week, so…

Another good one. Using macros and modulation remaps to great effect.

3 Likes

I know Marla Music and Qbik have put out good videos about the wavetable editor so rather than duplicate their content I have taken a different angle… I think learning about creating wave shapes using harmonics will help when creating or modifying your own wavetable.

The video includes:

• understanding harmonics and Phase settings in the Vital Wavetable editor (rather than the grid)
  • creating wave shapes from scratch in Vital Wavetable Editor using the harmonic grid
  • tips using Vital Wavetable Editor Modifier including Wave Window, Wave Folder, Slew Limiter and Frequency Filter
    Crash%20Course%20in%20Harmonics%20and%20Wavetable%20Editor

Enjoy your weekend!
Andy

1 Like