Vital - YOUR Songs!

vital only, except for some fx.

8 Likes

Sorry for double post, but “It’s Vital You Like It” is now on Spotify … https://open.spotify.com/album/6LVNary75oi0iuvjgEiJPm
All Synths are Vital but accompanied by quite a few FX coming from Bitwig and Melda.
Enjoy :wink:

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MGt3H4xzoQkAxL7xxf0wQN_-OkBgI8wo/view?usp=drivesdk

here’s a little something i did, not the best but the bass is constructed with a mixture of vital and serum, let me know how it is; feedback is valued highly :heart:

I make this sketch in 20 minutes, it seems. Here it is used preset that I did up yesterday(I don’t have any musical skills, only I have some kind of hearing and I don’t understand synthesizers 100%, only 10%) :slight_smile: You can judge strictly.

3 Likes

Very good tracks and nice sound design!

Frank

2 Likes

Here is my little track made with Vital, everything except some SFX in the background which is mainly field recording, and the lead sound are not from Vital…

Because i’m a huge fan of the C64, i made this remix mainly for the remix.kwed.org community, the original was made by Jeroen Tel back in 80s, i made the first remix on 2013 and after i saw Vital the first time, i started making a new version out of it… Enjoy!

Frank

3 Likes

Song: Glimmer
Artist: Vet Novice

Some art with the music of my game :).

1 Like

Yeah this place is dope, I’m glad I made it, so glad you posted your art, and that you feel welcome here <3

Omg a fellow Renoise user! The rare few! This is so ambient and solid. Love the pads, and the piano vibes. I might steal some ideas from this and make my own song. Love love love the vibes, takes me back to Playstation RPG vibes. Woah intense wubs in the breakdown a minute in!

Moog Bass and main bass made in Vital :slight_smile:

Song is called Kaze. Done for a bird boss fight.

1 Like

Fun idea! So I knocked this together this afternoon.

2 Likes

I know this is quite old but I think still relevant.

Every Sound including Drums has been made in vital. 36 Instances in total

2 Likes

i really like this kind of thing

Two Vital pads and a bass, plus some 606 drums, a few breakbeats and a 909 kick. Turned into to some form of ambient 90s rave techno I feel like…

Three of the sounds I have uploaded here (Rejoice 2, Kimchi, & PWM Strings) along with some hardware synths… As the resident old fart, I would like to say: This is how we did it in the good old days! :slightly_smiling_face:

Dale Ong · Billionaires In Space

I recently finished my first album - titled “A Brief History of the Means of Production” - which is now available (for free) on Bandcamp as well as pretty much all streaming/digital download platforms under the artist name “Signals In Noise”. Pretty much all the sound design was done in Vital, although I did use a bunch of samples from freesound.org and the free version of the BBC Discovery Orchestra from Spitfire (in addition to just playing some acoustic guitar, which I did often process quite a lot in Vital).

The four tracks of the album make up a time travel through various forms of human society, starting from the hunter-gatherer-days on “Fire” and progressing via the agrarian “Sickle” and industrial “Hammer” to the glitchy “Ether”, which in spirit of remix-culture is built almost entirely out of elements from the preceding tracks. I don’t really know what to call the genre, it’s definitely influenced a lot by ambient, IDM and post-rock, but not sure if it fits in any of those :smiley: let me know if you have a suggestion!

Anyway, this was super fun to make, and I feel like I learned so much about sound design on the way, mostly thanks to the amazingly intuitive GUI of Vital (it’s unreal how good this thing is)! Hopefully someone will find listening to it enjoyable as well :laughing:

Oh, and the whole thing is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution -license, so feel free to use in any way you want.

2 Likes

a lot of instances of vital are used in this wippy thing:

Good album theme idea. It sounds like you used some field recordings? Reminds me how useful they are for atmosphere in ambient sections. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep! I love field recordings and turning samples of non-instruments into instruments, and Vital is an excellent tool for that (although sometimes I wish the sampler could deal with longer clips :D)! All the field recordings and samples I used are from freesound, and if you’re interested in downloading them yourself, you can find a complete list in my post on the freesound forums: https://freesound.org/forum/your-work-made-with-freesounds/43156/
I’ve also uploaded some loops from this album over there for anyone to freely remix, you can find them by going to my profile: https://freesound.org/people/SignalsInNoise/

1 Like

Thanks for the free sample packs! I like to field record myself either with my Macbook Pro Laptop, or my Zoom H6. I get lazy sometimes and resort to the laptop haha. Really cool songs guys, gonna check them out, and see if I have any songs I used Vital with to post here :).