Vital FX in the future?

+1 Vital FX would be great to have!

1 Like

Yes, please!

:grinning::+1:

Id love it and if u add more vital fx u get more fx for vital

This would be very useful for me too. I teach music production at university and am looking for easy-to-use, free, cross platform FX units. In the meantime Iā€™ll use the Kiloheartz ones, many are free now

I may try to look at the code and create an ā€œFX Onlyā€ VST instead of VSTi. If Vital is made in JUCE this will be easy to do

1 Like

if you can compile vital or vitalium successfully, would you mind trying to allow incoming audio to pass into the front of the fx section? iā€™d be fine if vital did that by default.

2 Likes

also, if the DSP isnā€™t too hard to trace (with too many hard to read dependencies) then the fx ought to be able to port to something like ReaJS in Reaper. hey, maybe we will soon be at the point where A.I. can do this kind of task.

The more straightforward solution is a MIDI 2.0 specification-compliant version of Reaper. If that were extended to VST modules then MIDI 2.0 hardware and software will be ā€œplug-n-playā€ as well as support of bidirectional communication between devices and-or software modules and their real-time state.
The related specs were updated less than a month ago here.:point_down:t5:

Iā€™m currently working on an open standard MIDI 2.0 complaint support ecosystem with a unique controller for stringed instruments that predicts note onset. Optimized for live-performance, this features hardware and projected AR/XR expression pedals for control of virtual FX working seamlessly with traditional hardware FX pedals, with their status viewable on workstation, tablet, phone, and-or a combination of a wrist mount keyboard and XREAL Air. (presentation mockup, not final product)

Iā€™ve posted an open invitation for anyone to join me, but the most common reaction has been studied indifference, claims without evidence that I am a fraud, and equally irrational claims that MIDI 2.0 doesnā€™t offer any meaningful functionality or advantage, in every case by people whoā€™ve already admitted they donā€™t know much about it.

Instead of finding open-minded, creative co-operators, I only meet frenemies, competitors, and predators.

Regardless, Iā€™ve been forced to fund the project out of my own pocket at no small cost and to work alone except for the occasional hired guns for elite programming skills I donā€™t have the energy and time to learn.

how does that pertain to using vital as an effect?

I explained clearly enough and provided a link as reference. I used Reaper as one example of a DAW in which a Vital FX VST might be used, but any DAW would serve as the example.

Bi-direction communication of the state of any MIDI 2.0 compliant software and-or hardware reduces the complexity of building a virtual FX VST from the perspective of the programmer and reduces complexity and workload of the end user/musician/sound designer.

Blockquote The more straightforward solution is a MIDI 2.0 specification-compliant version of Reaper. If that were extended to VST modules then MIDI 2.0 hardware and software will be ā€œplug-n-playā€ as well as support of bidirectional communication between devices and-or software modules and their real-time state.
The related specs were updated less than a month ago here.:point_down:t5:

what youā€™re talking about is at a level of education i donā€™t have. i think iā€™m a few grades shy. donā€™t mind me too much.

This should definitely happen. Just yesterday I was going through my delays trying to find one that could pingpong and set Left & Right separately quite the same way as Vital. No luckā€¦

Also as someone else said, just routing live audio through it would be ideal. That way you could apply a lot of the LFOs and things as well.

1 Like

Right now I think the most ā€œvital-likeā€ way to accomplish this is if the oscillator had an ā€œaudio inā€ listed in audio sources inside the ā€œedit wavetableā€ section. Then the audio coming from before Vital in the signal chain would route to the output of the oscillator. and perhaps there could be options such as ā€˜vocodeā€™ for obvious reasons and ā€˜volume levelā€™ so that the volume level can be automated with the rest of the wavetable effects. And I canā€™t see how this would possibly break anything. It doesnā€™t fix the ā€œvital as fxā€ problem right there, but perhaps in the matrix there could be an option to how the audio was routed, and all of these params could be saved as a preset. itā€™s not super elegant though, requires more thinking.

1 Like

Yes pleeeeease! I really love Vital FX, especially Vital Compressor!!!:smile:

Yup, Iā€™d love to use Vital without the oscillators.

Feels like it would be possible to have a shaperbox-style device by using the existing effects and modulators.

1 Like