- Software: using Reaper 6.77, on PopOS! 22.04 (a Debian / Ubuntu based distro), and Vital synth 1.5.5 from the x.deb package
- I made some of my own presets and saved them, and downloaded some others.
- I originally posted this similar post, and I’m having a similar problem again, but this post is a quicker read / more on point to the new problem.
STEPS TO RECREATE / STORY
- Create a reaper project, open any Vital synth (VSTi, VST3, CLAP), make a sound (anything different from the initialized preset on load), save it as a new preset. The sound works just fine.
- Save the reaper file, close Reaper.
- Reopen that same Reaper project, and it crashes at start. Won’t ever open. The same happens if I use a preset I downloaded from somewhere else, but it won’t crash if the preset isn’t saved in vital.
- Reopen the same project, but this time with “Open with FX offline (recovery mode)” turned on so vital synth sounds / settings are not loaded, then Reaper will open just fine. MIDI will show on the editor, but no sounds will play.
- So I’ll turn each instrument back on one at a time (go to FX, right click FX > Offline FX = uncheck it), and there is no crash when I turn them on. Everything plays just fine now.
Why does Vital crash on load, but not when I load each instrument 1 by 1 when the FX are turned off?? Is there any way to fix this??