Vital 1.5.x crashes while opening its GUI

If I open Vital in standalone it crashes always shortly after showing its (empty) GUI Window. If I open a DAW project, which includes any instance of Vital 1.5.x (VST3 or CLAP) it will work just fine as long you don’t open its GUI, then it will crash immediately. Vital 1.0.x works just fine…

Toshiba Sattelite P50t-B-10T, I7 4710HQ, 16GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4600
Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044, with all the latest driver updates
Bitwig Studio 4.3.8, Reaper 6.6.7

2 Likes

I seem to get the same crash in Bitwig 3.3.1.1 and Live 10.1
Windows7.
Vital 1.5.x
My older Vital version was working fine, but cannot remember which version it was :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello
i have the same problem on my MacPro with Mac Os 10,14 (Xeon 6 core)
the version 1,0,7 work perfectly alone or in my daw (n-track)
but the version 1,5,x crash in lauch of the alone version and crash my daw for the plugin
If i used the 1,0,7 my suscription is not see and i can’t play some sound !!

Same problem - host crashes while opening Vital GUI. Tried all installers from 1.5 to 1.5.3 several times. 1.08 works fine. Tried in Renoise, Reaper and Live also in standalone mode. My hardware specs: CPU: Intel Core I7, 32Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb, Win 8.1 with all latest updates

If Vital crashes after installing the new version you probably use a custom skin.

Before installing choose the Default skin inside Vital, close Vital (or DAW) and then install.

After installing you may choose an old custom skin (I could but I cannot garantee that all skins will be usable).

Had the same problem. Worked for me.

EDIT: Checked it, most of old skins work but not all of them.

Tried it. I reinstalled 1.08 and went back to the default skin, than reinstalled 1.5. Id didn’t make any difference, Vital 1.5 just crashes on GUI startup.

This happens here as well. Sorts itself out after a reboot

(Win 10)

vital

I try to install it with the application Pacifist instead of the installer system
And now it’s work …
strange !

nb : mac only