Vital 1.5.x crashes while opening its GUI

I HAD the same (or similar) problem. I could run multiple instances of Vital, but could only have one displayed. As soon as I opened another existing instance, Reaper crashed. I checked that Vital was using my GPU, which it was. (It showed “Reaper/Vital app using GPU”).
I have a 5 year old i7 Windows 10 laptop with an Nvidia 960 GPU.
So I figured maybe my GPU was too old. (It’s not supported by GPU AUDIO, so their effect vsts don’t work on my laptop).
BUT… I just updated my Nvidia GeForce driver (which I hadn’t done for ages because I forgot my login details), and Boom…
I now have 4 tracks of Vital on screen, with the song playing, and all Vital displays displaying all the moving modulations etc.
It’s beautiful to watch.

I shall go to bed happy!!!

1 Like

I also have an issue with multiple VST3 Vital in Live 11.2 - can’t have more than 4 windows open at the same time. If I open any more, then the last one I open looks like this:

When that happens I can’t resume song playback and have to quickly close all of them, and save the project because if I don’t, Ableton will crash immediately when I’ll play anything. It will still randomly crash while opening the GUI, so it’s safer to just reload the project. The VST2 version seems to be working fine, but I haven’t tested it too much.

My specs are:
Windows 11 Pro
Ableton Live 11.2
AMD Ryzen 5900x
Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 12GB
32GB RAM
NI Komplete Audio 6
1440p180hz and 1080p165hz monitors

As a workaround for now can you avoid the issue by only having one plugin’s GUI open at a time?

If you load say six instances of Vital but only have the GUI of the latest one visible does it still have the same issue?

Try in an empty project so you don’t lose any work and just load one after the other and keep the GUIs open. Does the forth or fifth one show as in your screenshot above but the 6th 7th 8th etc load just fine?

I have dozens in my project files, as this pretty much is the only synthesizer I use, and all of the Vital instances work fine, even within a project that has literally 50 of them. The problem just appears after I have multiple GUIs open, so I’m just gonna have to remember to close them as I go until an update drops.

That was my point above. Until (if) an update is released the workaround would be to only have one GUI open at a time.

It would have been nice if you had run the test I suggested above because that would help provide some clues to Matt should he choose to address and seek a fix for your issue.

Just tested that and only the 4th window is broken, doesn’t matter which one of the ones I have in the project gets opened as the 4th. Other Vitals opened after that do work (at least visually).

Also I noticed that the broken GUI is still fully interactable.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s what I’m getting here in FL Studio. Only the 4th one is broken and all others before it and after it are fine.

So that’s got to be a clue for Matt. Why only the 4th one? Why not the 6th or 8th or for that matter the 2nd or 3rd ?

Anyway the more info we provide to Matt will only help him find the cause and cure.

The problem is with the intel integrated video adapter. All errors are only for those who use the video adapter built into the processor as the main one.
The developer just needs to extend support for the required libraries and everything should work. In version 1.08 everything works well.