January 2021 Free Patch Sharing Thread

We Are The Robots - My take on the famous Kraftwerk bass sequence
Kraftwerk - We Are The Robots.vital (122.6 KB)

3 Likes

Sequence.vital (160.7 KB)

3 Likes

Just tried to make sort of a trumpet preset.

trumpetier.vital (1.6 MB)

OSC 142 BassBirds.vital (263.5 KB) it´s just birds.

1 Like

Here an night psytrance trippy FM Lead, his Wavetable and one string sample I recorded for you :sunglasses:
I suggest to use an arpeggiator with some little eq, saturation and compression for a best groove and impact in the mix. I like to add some short stereo reverb or maybe a delay :+1:t2:

Enjoy it! :om:

Trip Fm.vital (537.7 KB)
TRIP FM.vitaltable (378.5 KB)
Trip Fm - Sample #G.wav.zip (8.7 MB)

2 Likes

@SeBaer posted a patch (based on a @snfk patch).

2 Likes

80’s brassy synth patch Poly synth brass.vital (4.1 MB)

1 Like

Hi Peter, I took the liberty of further messing around with that preset. I hope, we don’t get a copyright claim. :laughing:
Kraftwerk - Wir sind die Roboter.vital (205.5 KB)
Finetuning the timing of the TTWT is just annoying.
Edit: I replaced the patch, the bass was still muted.
Edit 2: Replaced the patch again, after some finetuning at 50 BPM

2 Likes

Wow! Great Work! BTW: The bass was still muted when I downloaded your patch today.

I think we need a “Original” Kraftwerk Patch-Bank. I just recently listend to not only “We are the robots” but “It’s more fun to compute” as well. The whole album “Computerwelt” and “Man Machine” are so deeply burnt into my musical brain … Listen, and keep in mind this is the 1980ties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3odl-KoNZwk … damn, when the Arp starts I get goose bumps

That said - I don’t know how to get this Vocoder sounds of “We are the robots” or even close to them . I would have tried some Ampliude modulation but “our” patch is already exhausted on LFOs … Any Idea how one can come close to the Kraftwerk Vocoder Sound?

1 Like

Hmm, quite difficult. I guess the TTWT function doesn’t provide the best basis. Also, I guess you would need a dedicated vocoder, preferably on a male voice. So, maybe process the vocals outside Vital, and import it as wavetable. Alternatively ask the provider of the TTS service (or rather ask @tytel to ask them) to implement a Kraftwerk inspired TTS algorithm. But that does somewhat take the fun out of it.
Inside Vital, I can think of no option, at the moment. At least inside the patch. Maybe, if you dedicate a whole patch just to the creation of the voice, and then render it as a wavetable. But that would still be more challenging than to edit the voice with dedicated tools.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: Curses, i keep screwing up… Try again…
I also quickly revised the spectral morph on the high pitched melody.

Kraftwerk - Wir sind die Roboter revised.vital (205.6 KB)

1 Like

Brass Lead.vital (170.9 KB) Silence Arp.vital (170.6 KB) Cities.vital (170.3 KB) Control.vital (170.3 KB) Broken Heart.vital (170.5 KB) Dire Dire Docks.vital (394.9 KB) Analog Brass.vital (560.9 KB) Unhappy Panflute.vital (170.5 KB) Analog Emulation.vital (610.4 KB) Builder.vital (360.1 KB)

I’m working on another pack of free presets, and these are just a few of them right now. I’m particularly proud of Dire Dire Docks because it does a good job emulating the DX7. That third oscillator makes a big difference!

A few of the preset included were modeled after synths in various songs, so have fun with those too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Picasso Snare.vital (173.0 KB) Accciddd by Peter H Saw Waves.vital (141.6 KB) Saw Sweep.vital (1.6 MB) Water Kick.vital (265.3 KB)

This is more about Wavetables then presets.

Watersounds are taken from freetousesounds.

edit: removed waterfallsounds because the file was to big.

3 Likes

Voices_of_electrowave.vital (1023.9 KB) Brilliant sound :smiley: i am going to do some mod in ableton and post link here

Achieved this ain’t bad (i am using a trial version of Ableton live pm me if you want the project file)

2 Likes

A pad - only works for a limited range (one octave around middle of the keyboard I think). One finger plays a minor sounding chord. Velocity adjusts volume, Mod wheel does stuff too.Vibe.vital (3.6 MB)
(EDIT: updated version - velocity now maps to individual sound source level rather than overall level)

3 Likes

Another pad - gently undulates. For playing chords. Mod wheel adds intensity and grit.Undulating pad.vital (1.7 MB)

4 Likes

SciFi KungFu (sorry, I’m bad in naming patches) SciFi KungFu.vital (150.5 KB)
Has some little modulation on the MW.

2 Likes

A little Riff … you can for instance use the Notes D and G to play it…
D-G-Riff.vital (322.4 KB)

Give it a try with like a 3 Key-Octave-Cluster … D1-D2-D3 … :wink:

1 Like

YAP (yet another pad :slight_smile:) - analogue classic sample and hold S&H pad.vital (1.5 MB)

2 Likes

Cool sound I made whilst messing around, sounds pretty cool actually. Good in the 5th octave and 2nd. Epic Symphony.vital (1.5 MB) . Hope you enjoy! :smiley:

2 Likes