Exploring Vital 1.5.1 update (beta pre-release)

Hmmm, how are you measuring CPU usage, through the task manager? Are you measuring while idle or while you’re playing?

i’m currenlty measuring with the windows task manager, it shows 3/5% more than the 1.0.7 version when idel and 5 to 10% when using the same preset made by me. I tried on a new machine i had (another matebook, D15 this time) clean install - same behavior.

If used as plugin in Ableton the cpu meter in ableton shows very low usage 1-2% but if i measure my ableton cpu usage from task manager it shows the same more cpu usage.

I wilkl do some other tests maybe with the next beta and i’ll let you know, if it’s only me maybe it’s related to my machine(s)

thanks! Vital i so great!

Vital is already so good and this is just beauty

1 Like

One thing I have definitely noticed is that vital v1.5.1 isn’t showing up on streams, idk if this is so I don’t expose new things or if it’s just a simple bug, just wanted to put that out there

Tylel what graphic do we need to have to run this new version I think thats the problem. most of us have older version of graphic cards on our mac. can you make a version using the older graphics card for mac I have a 10.13 os with an intel graphics card

On mac it’s just metal so it should work on 10.13.
I did have a couple other issues that are fixed now so can you try redownloading/installing and see if it works?

Vital v1.5.1 VST3 (I don’t use other versions) crashes Cubase 12 if I click on the ‘V’ top left.
Exactly the same happens in Reaper 6.

Seems to be working otherwise though, but I haven’t spent much time with it yet (first thing I wanted to do was resize the gui).

v1.0.8 is fine though.

Does it also crash if you click on the ‘save’ icon (near the top right-ish)? Or just the V icon?

No, I’ve clicked on practically everything I can see, everything along the top line area, and it all works except the ‘V’ on the left. I can save a preset successfully.

I’ve just realized, I can drag the window to resize. That all works. I’ll have to remember not to click the ‘V’

Great thanks for the info. Will see about getting a fix.

Ah yeah I broke this recently (in the last change)
Just submitted a fix and it should be uploaded within an hour.

Wow, quickest fix in history. Thanks. Love the gui btw. Visually clean, quick and responsive.

1 Like

I can confirm the problem’s fixed.

1 Like

A thing I detected when using the latest beta (installed 5 days ago), Vital now crashes FL Studio (latest stable version too) when clicking on the Vital logo. Didn’t happen on the beta from a month or two ago.

Just out of curiosity, anybody test on Linux?

Should be fixed in the latest version.

2 Likes

Hello, I really want to try all the new features and report bugs but unfortunately I can’t find any way to download the new version. Vital doesn’t show me anything when I open it, the installer still the same in my account and there is no other option I can find. I’m a pro user so I should have acces, please help.

This Link should work:

1 Like

Yeah I put it over in the “All Downloads” section because I didn’t want to push people toward it yet.

Should swap that over soon.

2 Likes