Exploring Vital 1.5.1 update (beta pre-release)

Works great on my M1 Ultra Mac Studio which is awesome because it was basically unusable even in Rosetta mode before due to what appeared to be issues with graphics bottle-necking. After loading a few tracks if I were to adjust Vital’s parameters during playback there was a huge lag which made it extremely frustrating to work with so if anyone else on a Mac Studio is having that issue you can rejoice with this release!

1 Like

are you using the standalone? or are you running vital in a daw (in which case, which one)?..

I’m running in ableton 11.1.1 currently haven’t tried standalone but I’m sure it would’ve worked fine that way since stand alone you’re only using one instance. It’s when I had 10 or more tracks with other plug ins and stuff that the lag started happening up until this release which I just successfully tested 1000 instances of vital playing back at once at 44.1 sample rate with a 2048 buffer size. Probably will post a video at some point in the near future to demonstrate.

1 Like

Can you download and install 1.5.1 again (I didn’t update the build number) and see duplicating works now? I fixed a possible issue but not sure it’s the one you’re seeing.

As for the modulation around the knob, you mean the animated meters right? They just disappear after a certain amount of time?

Can you upload or send me the skin? Once I get it it should be an easy enough fix.

I don’t officially support windows 7 so there might be some issue there. I change my build system to let me double check I’m installing the correct VC redistributable version (which lets c++ apps built with visual studio to run on your computer)

You can roll back at any point by downloading the older installer off the site

Here is the skins:Skins.zip (14.0 KB) Just one , the four are uniform just colors change.
They are pretty badly configured, I’m not very good for skins and I was a little bit confused with parameters.
Do presets made with 1.5.1 compatible with 1.08 if we don’t use any new parameters?
These new adds are amazing.

Not sure if this has been reported, or if it’s just my machine, but the waveform blend selector does not seem to be working in this version:

I’m running an M1 Max, Monterey 12.3.1, Ableton 11.1.1 and I’ve tested via VST, VST3 & AU. I also loaded up the current stable release 1.0.7 and this issue is NOT present (i.e. it is working as expected on my machine)

Not sure, where is the problem as here (M1 Mac Mini) the 1.5.1 version validation was successful. No issues at all. You can try to run Logic under rosetta 2 mode, then try to validate vital 1.5.1. and if it will pass, then run Logic in native mode. It should work well then.

Thanks the answer. I rolled back and all’s well. It would be great if some adjustment could be made as mentioned. I understand I’m working on a legacy machine for now. Do what you can if you can, but no problem. I’m wondering if a version number could be added to the Windows installer if possible?

Anyway, thanks. :slight_smile:

have stated i’m on an intel mac… and 1.5.1 won’t validate in logic here (i am also on the monterey beta OS). anyway, waiting to see what happens next (and working happily in the earlier vital version)

I have probably missed out on that. BTW 1.5.1. version plugin validation passed without any issues on my intel mac (MBP 2017) too.

yeah, not sure why, but it won’t load, crashes auvaltool, and won’t validate. at least, i can work in the previous version. am assuming it’s an OS issue…?..

Maybe, I’m running this on osx 12.3.1

hmm. am on the current 12.4 beta…

1 thing i noticed; while using fl studio and audio rate modulation, i have to use ‘use fixed size buffers’ to make the audio rate modulation sound right (vst2/3). Other then that; still no issues

I just updated the build on the server to install a newer version of the vc redistributable so it may work if you download and install again.

If not, let me know and I’ll put it on my list to investigate.

1 Like

Hi,

For information, I had to uninstall vital to install 1.5 version, the installer couldn’t replace the old version
Now it works!
Thank you all

But bad news, it initialize all the patch loaded in my daw (in vital) so i rollback in 1.0.7, I will try to install both version in separate directory if it’s possible

Are you really using Vital as VST2? Ableton Live (Mac) only sees the VST3. And unexpectedly, when I switch back to Rosetta, I still only have VST3, so none of my older projects are loading properly.

I will downgrade to 1.0.8 to get my projects back on track. But I hope that a VST2 version will be part of the final release… Otherwise, I would need to go into every old project, figure out which tracks had Vital, write down the presets I was using so I could then select those presets with the new build. And often times, I was using modified versions of presets, so I would need to save a custom preset for every Vital track in every project if I wanted to actually restore all the parameters of the patch.

I hope I’m just getting worked up over nothing and that the GA version will include VST2 support for Ableton Live Mac.

VST2 should work on mac, not sure why it’s not registering in Live for you. Can you let me know all the versions of OS, Live, etc you’re using?

Can you let me know you’re information also? Like OS, what version of DAW and what plugin format you’re using of Vital (VST/VST3/AU/etc)?

Hi Tytel,

I’m on Win 10 Pro build 19043, studio one 4.6.2 and vital 1.0.7 is loaded in Vst3 Format.