Another classic 80's sound (No external effects)

It’s a brass. I am working on an analog soundbank. It’s hard but I’m working on it.

Blinded by the Pad.vital (4.5 MB)

29 Likes

Beautifully warm sound!!! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

This sounds so wide, open, and mobile! Love all the filters or phasers swirling around. Is the wavetable a square-ish shape?

1 Like

Yes! Saw for the body and square for the bass.

1 Like

Wow this sounds great! The only thing I have is that you could try to decrease the unison a bit. Polyphonic analog synths traditionally don’t have a lot of unison because it was the 80s and 16 voices was as probable as Apple stock selling. For example, the Jupiter 8 in polyphonic mode only has two oscillators per note. That’s the same for the CS-80 and the Prophet 8 (plus some noise).

1 Like

It depends on personal taste. Personally I like a fatter, wider sound, and 7 voices achive the balance of sounding “full” but not “muddy”. If you feel like the sound might be too rich and not really authentically 80’s, you can always decrease the voices to your taste :slight_smile:.

1 Like

That’s a great point, didn’t think about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooooo this is very nice, thank you fren <3

1 Like

amazing I look forward to the whole pack

1 Like

Great sound. I like your previous pack too. Keep it up!

1 Like

Very Vangelis! :slight_smile:

Wow! That is amazing!!

Great sound indeed!

One question. When I open the link with Vital and then click “Save preset”, there is no information about Author or Comments shown. Is this because the file doesn’t contain this metadata indeed, or is this caused by a bug in Vital?

@yunison, many thanks for all your efforts and creativity. You’re presets are a great addition to my 80ies collection.

Awesome Patch!!!

Do you mind if I steal it :wink:
The good thing about your patch is, that it is kind of a “Template” / “Recipie”. I work on a track currently and try to use Bitwig stuff mostly. And stealing your patch and bringing it to Bitwigs new synth Polymere was kind of easy.
But to be honest - I wasn’t able to get it as good a s yours… only close to 80% of your top notch quality!

] Peter:H [

Hi @yunison ,
I know it’s been a while since you posted this but just wanted to firstly say - thanks for this. It’s a great patch - one of my “go-tos” in Vital.
Secondly - in this patch you use two wavetables “Juno 60 Square” and “OBX-Xa Saw”. Even though I have your patch installed, I can’t access these wavetables when I create new patches. Do you know either where I can download these wavetables and similar ones. Or how I can extract them from this patch?
Finally - did you have make the “analog soundbank” you were working on? :slight_smile:
Thanks again,
Ben

Open the Wavetable Editor, click on the hamburger icon and select “Export Wavetable”.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Very good sound - looking forward to the soundbank!

Ooooh! This is such a lovely and rich sound :heart_eyes: