Window that contains Vital is gigantic...Beyond Vital itself

The screen also remains on top of all windows so it literally takes up the entire space and cannot be resized. Sudden issue without any updates. Running Vital 1.5.5 on Mac M1 with Monterey on Bitwig. Been smooth until now. Any advice?? I’ve brought it to may main screen and chosen 100% already. Regardless of size I choose, that giant window persists. Thanks!

Anyone? It’s making me nuts but I love this synth. HELP!!!

Hey :slight_smile:

I am running Vital on M1 Monterey and it works fine.

Did you try a reinstall? That sometimes fixes the weirdest things… :slight_smile:

What changed ?

1 Like

I think that is a bug with the Clap version - does that for me on Mac but VST3 OK.

2 Likes

I reinstalled and no luck. Making me nuts because I love Vital but its unworkable taking over my whole screen.

Can you take Bitwig out of full screen ? Does it work then ?

does it do this with the old 1.08 version?

In the new bitwig v5 beta I had to uncheck SETTINGS → Locations → “Prefers Clap over VST (when available)” to get the VST version to show back up.

1 Like

It only happens with the newest version. Never happened before.

I have Vital !.5.5 and Bitwig 4.4.8 and that option is not there. Perhaps I have no Clap plugins??

Doesn’t change it.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. My friend and I both have this issue in Bitwig. Doesn’t happen in stand alone so seems relative to Bitwig. Unchecked “prefer Clap version” and nothing changed. Really makes me nuts. Love the plugin but takes over all screen with gigantic window that goes way beyond the Vital UI. To be clear, changing UI size does nothing as well.

Not a Bitwig user, does this mean it uses the vst3 version of the plugin ? (if installed ?)

It means that in Bitwigs browser you only see the VST3 version unless you have enabled setting for seeing redundant plugin formats. It will ofc initiate clap anywhere where clap was saved.

1 Like

This seems to be a problem with the CLAP version of Vital as this happens in Bitwig and the current Fl studio beta,which now has CLAP support . I uninstalled the CLAP version