What do you want in a preset pack?

Hey everyone, I’m making another free preset pack and would like to get some community input. I know what I want, but every person has a different sound so my sound might not necessarily be your sound. The challenge with doing sound design for a large span of genres is that you need to make sure you are not implementing your own sound into that preset. The thing that makes a person’s tracks unique is all of the unique sounds that listeners can relate to that person. So if my sounds have a general similarity to them, I don’t want to be directly influencing other people’s sounds.

If you have a specific sound that you want, don’t hesitate to suggest it. And I don’t produce in all genres, so I don’t know what every genre needs. I think I’ve done a pretty good job researching them, but nobody’s perfect :slight_smile:

So enough rambling, if you want suggest a sound and I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would like a lot of Moving Evolving Pads. Vital seems good for this. I am still learning how to do it myself. Thanks in advance for any presets.

4 Likes

Definitely - I always tend to ease away from them despite them being so powerful. Thanks for the input :slight_smile:

allready tried a little bit to a create a living thing with vital, with heartbeat and breath, maybee footsteps and other things.

would be interesting what comes to your mind on that.

2 Likes

the bubbles and sweeps similar to these sounds, in the style of ‘Ozric Tentacles’ if you know them? I would be a happy bunny to learn how these are created :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSKlULxT3SQ&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=jdrukman

2 Likes

Trance sounds:) Leads, Pads, Basses…All sounds are welcome!!!

4 Likes

some electro sounds plese :smiley:

2 Likes

If it’s possible, more analog, house and techno. Thanks for all your hard work.

3 Likes

First time ever I request/suggest a sound and I feel a bit intimidated, but here we go. :sweat_smile: The synth in the very first notes of Celestica, by Crystal Castles.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying Vital so far! Would love to see robust Blade Runner presets; I really like the Evolution Runner patch.

2 Likes

I like seq and arp type presets, sounds that are not absurdly detuned,
sounds with filtersweeps, and sounds that have noticeable but not dramatic modulation and saturation/distortion. Thanks for sharing your creations!

1 Like

More warm dubby house sounds like &me, David August, monolink

2 Likes

I’m actually experimenting with some of those ambient arp presets right now, so I’m glad to see they’ll have good use!

just some nice leads, just some really nice leads…

1 Like

In that case, you’re in luck :wink:

2 Likes

Psychedelic Trance Sounds.
Powerful FM Leads, Talking Formant Leads, Goa Leads, Risers, Squelches, Zaps & Blips, Trippy FX, Celestial Pads, Psychedelic Percussion.

Any of the above which excites your interests. Thanks in advance for any presets, have fun :slight_smile:

Here are some Psy-trance Artists that have the desired sounds: Ajja, Mad Tribe, Electric Universe, Avalon, Killerwatts, Imaginarium, Burn In Noise, Earthspace, Laughing Buddha.

3 Likes

Both of your packs are amazing, loving many of the presets!

Not sure if you are still taking sound suggestions, but some ideas could be soft synths such as the one used in the main melody here:
Mega Man 6 Complete Works: Mr. X Stages - YouTube

1 Like

Hi Snfk,

that´s a cool project. Thanks in Advance for that!

Well if not to many wishesd, I would like to have (one of the followoing or more of the following) Presets like:

Running Wild (DJ Tennis Remix); Key + SynthBass + Kick from start on

HVOB - Ocean Bed; Key + sawy Bass from start on

Nils Andreas - Une Simple Histoire (Original Mix); the sawy Bass and the Key from 1:45 min. on …

HVOB - Cool Melt [Official]; KEy from 1:40 on…

The guitar Key and the Drums in

Best wishes, Jey