Weird behaviour of sustain pedal

Hello,
I’m using Vital on reaper, controlled by a korg nanokey2

When i use the sustain button of the keyboard the behaviour of vital is weird :

• with the button down, vital sound is very loud,
  • with the button up, vital makes no sound at all.
  • if I load a session and use the keyboard with vital paying attention to not touch the sustain button, verything works just fine, but the moment i touch it, it’s all broken

this buttons works just fine on other plugins with the same setup.

Have a nice day, thx for paying attention :slight_smile:

I’m guessing that your pedal has a midi input, so if you wanted to create a sustain pedal effect: just right click the sustain knob in the envelope section, press ‘Learn midi assignment’, and then just press down the pedal.

I’m not sure exactly how your, or any, sustain pedal works so it might take some adjusting after you’re done.

Might want to check if you accidentally set some MIDI learn on the volume or something. If you right click it will show “Clear MIDI Learn” if you have something mapped.

I’m having issues with the sustain pedal in Ableton too.

Vital standalone, the pedal works fine. Other instruments in Ableton work fine with the pedal. But Vital in Ableton the pedal either does nothing or if I enable MPE it sticks or then the keys stick without pedal.

But if MPE is enabled, the pedal stops working for all the other instruments.

I’ve cleared midi from the sustain envelope (and all other amp envelops), but the pedal isn’t really mapped to there and that didn’t change anything.

The solution was to Enable MPE on Vital Advanced tab.

Either Vital 1.5.5 resolved the issue or maybe it was remembered through the upgrade, either way that’s the fix.