Vital vs Pigments

I’m sorry this thread has devolved into disappointments about both products! I actually love both of them. Pigments is full of features (and constantly adding more!) and whilst this obviously means a steeper learning curve it’s still visually very helpful. With regard to patches on Pigments: there are well over five thousand readily available. I’ve always found that I only ever like about 10% of anybody’s presets but it’s likely mine are a different 10% to someone else’s. Perhaps search the Arturia store for a pack that’s more to your taste (I thought the recently released “Ochre” pack was really good value).

Regarding purchasing Vital Pro, I’d consider what other products you’d be able to purchase for $80 and whether they’d even come close to Vital’s level of versatility and ease of programming. I take your point about support but if you look through the forum over the twelve or so months Vital’s been available you’ll see users pulling in all different directions for their own needs. I don’t envy the task of a single developer trying to please everyone! There are assurances that an update is in the works, though and all signs point to a majority of issues being addressed.

That’s my two cents - stay positive!

6 Likes

Going to lock this thread in case it devolves any more.