Vital Screen Resolution Bug

Hey y’all I don’t know if this is a popular one or not but I believe there is a bug with multiple screen resolutions.

When I open up vital it looks like this:

When I drag it to my secondary monitor (1080) it looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/XMxa3jK.png (can’t upload more than one photo as a new member)

And when I drag it back to my primary monitor it fixes the dimensions. Unfortunately there is no way for me to use it in my second monitor, which is important because I don’t have space for it on my primary.

I’m having this issue too, and with the window not being able to be dragged out of the main section of FL Studio I cannot see the button section of the plug in :confused:

I’m having the same issue too, can someone help please?

On a macbook pro the resolution works fine, but when I drag into one of my twin screens, it becomes completely illegible and I can’t click on the Vital logo to correctly resize as it is not visible anymore

macht die kleine anzeige zum primären monitor und skaliert dann hoch auf den großen wenn ihr müsst… da will jeder mitreden, betriebssystem, grafikkarte und vital… open systems and the wonder why … sucht den stärksten spieler aus … lg marc

Yeah, similar issue for me - also the Filter 1 display is flickering (seems to be divided into four quadrants).

Resizing seems to reset the gui but some times I’ve not been able to drag the resize corner. Usually it’s elements in the gui that are too large, but sometimes I’ve ended up with an entirely black window.

Can you update to 1.0.4 that I just released? https://account.vital.audio
That should fix a lot of the resolution issues but let me know how it goes.

Are you using one of the new M1 macs? That’s the only place I’ve seen that.
Either way it should be fixed in the latest build - 1.0.4

1 Like

Hey there, so it is indeed fixed now.

It is still a bit buggy though, when the client opens up with the messed up interface but moving it or click ing which is no big deal. https://streamable.com/slzfgh

Ah hmm. Ok i’ll have to look into that one

Yes that’s right - I have been. Updated to 1.0.4 and it’s definitely more reliable, although not quite smooth during the resizing - I can totally live with that though.

I updated to 1.04, and the screen bug is still there, although I may have found a workaround.

If you open Vital in anything larger than 100% on a 2nd or 3rd screen (Vital remembers the screen and position), you will get a very buggy and unusable interface.

To fix:

1 - Drag the vital interface to the main screen (this is the screen your DAW is opening on).
2 - Resize to 100%
3 - Drag back to whatever screen you like
4 - Resize to a larger percent, and you should be OK.

NOTE: You will need to repeat this each time you open Vital, but at least it is usable.

BTW - I am running a MacBook Pro 2016 15", 16 GB Ram, 2TB SSD,Radeon Pro 460 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB and Catalina 10.15.7

Latest versions of Ableton and ProTools

Just upgraded from 1.03 to 1.04 and my dual monitor resolution issues with the GUI are fixed. Ty!

Alright looks like I have a few more kinks to work out.

Yeah, just downloaded the new version 1.0.4 and the GUI Problem is fixed! Fantastic :smiley:

too had this problem, however i fixed it by, decreasing scale of Interface in windows 10 “display settings”, from 125% to 100%

1 Like

It started happening again, it’s really strange. I have to resize, move it around, reopen it, resize it again, pray, move it to the second monitor, etc… Until it snaps to the correct resolution. :grimacing:

i have the same problem with 1 screen on my travel DAW with Windows 7