Vital on M1 Mac?

Awesome. Other than the flicker it works great. Any idea when we’ll see a native ARM build?

I have native arm working on mac but there’s one library I’m dependent on that hasn’t updated yet. I’ll probably just wait until they distribute a build.

Then I need to figure out if I can still make ARM builds on my intel build machine, TBD.

1 Like

cool thx for the update!

@Tytel I hope this doesn’t come across as impatient, I have all the time in the world, but my curiousity is stronger then my brain telling met not to ask… Do you have an update as to when we can expect vital to run native on m1? Or am I missing an update and is it already running native?

1 Like

Hi, just wanna bump this thread to check whether the M1 build will be ready soon or not. I will receive an M1 MBA in a few days and I plan on using Vital on it, I guess I will stick to the VST2 version in Reaper until we get a native build :smiley:

All of the work on my side is done for this. I’m waiting on one of the libraries I use to update but if they take much longer I guess I’ll have to go in and build a new M1 version myself.

2 Likes

Hi, I recently bought the Pro option of Vital for my 2020 MacBook Pro M1 chip and it is working flawlessly. I’m using FL Studio 20.8 on my Mac. This is an awesome VST synth similar to Xfer Records’s Serum. It definitely works.

Thanks for buying!
Apple did a pretty good job making intel programs run on the m1 macs. Vital isn’t actually M1 native yet though runs really well with rosetta in my tests.

I have an arm native (i.e. universal) build coming soon for those on native ARM daws (is logic the only one right now?) but don’t have a release date yet.

5 Likes

Reaper is in Beta (ARM64)… but it`s already available on the official download page on their website.

FL Studio is now M1 native (but still in beta about to be release somewhere in Q2-Q3).

REAPER and Bitwig both have public ARM64 versions that are very stable right now, so it’s not just Logic. Version 4.0 of Bitwig will be universal and is soon to be released.

They both will run Vital as an x86 plugin, without any problems from what I can see.

plz release :cry:

1 Like

Works fine on my MacBook Air M1! Excited for a native release though, but Ableton isn’t completely compatible anyway so until then I’m stuck with the Rosetta emulator.

@Tytel were you able to build for native M1? I don’t see it specifically mentioned in the download options.

Disclaimer: I don’t own a Mac, so I can’t test it. I’m just asking for a course that I’m preparing.

ok, now when image line have released native version of fl for m1, all the vsts used in projects need to be natively supported too. au seems to work nicely, but I work on both win and mac so it would be great to have possibility to open projects with vsts on both platforms

I have an M1 Mac and can confirm that Vital builds and runs fine on the new chip. I compared a native build and the one you can download here and the difference is fairly imperceptible.

Did you use the code posted in GitHub?

Yes. I used the code at https://github.com/mtytel/vital. In order to get the build to work you have to disable the Firebase auth stuff that is only relevant to the paid / closed source version. In order to do that you need to set the following compiler options.

REQUIRE_AUTH=0
NO_AUTH=1

1 Like

I have searched but found only this subject.

Is it native apple silicon yet? The official download?

Or do I have still have to tinker to be able to install the native apple silicon one?

3 Likes

@buchenberger

I couldn’t find the build instructions, if there is any?