Vital Equivalents To Serum Processes

My favourite artist, Au5 has a bunch of Serum tutorials but Vital is easier for me. In this one, he goes to “Processes -> Remove Fundamental” and I was wondering how I would do that in Vital (If it’s possible)

Any other Serum processes that have a different execution in Vital that you know of would be nice to know as well

EDIT: If you need to look through this tutorial for more, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stvc9zR3-KA&t=70s

1 Like

If you’re using harmonics in the wavetable editor:

I believe the 2nd band is the fundamental frequency so removing that removes the fundamental.

Other than that, I don’t think Vital has that capability yet…

2 Likes

Sorry, harmonics being…? I can’t figure out how you got that bar

In the wavetable editor, if you have a Wave Source, you can edit harmonics, I don’t think this isn’t available for Audio Sources

This is what I get; It’s greyed out and I can’t edit it

You need to use Wave Source not Audio File Source.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. I assume resynthesizing converted it to audio?

Yes it will convert to Audio File Source.

I’ll just look for a Vital tutorial. Thanks for the help, though

The best teacher is experience but here’s a wavetable tutorial.

1 Like

No wiser words have been said

1 Like

Hey did you manage to solve it, im facing the same problem and didnt find much help in the tutorial

I think there might be a high-pass modifier in the wavetable editor that you can use to remove the fundamental on this audio source. I may be wrong, though

1 Like

Yeah it does work: Frequency Filter >
Style: High-Pass
Cutoff: 1.000 or a bit larger (enter the value directly or use Ctrl/Shift)
Shape: 0.000 (the steepest)

I tried with the factory Brown Noise preset but I’m 99% sure the cutoff value should be independent of the audio source. (Well of course—it’s a modifier which doesn’t need to know anything about where do the spectral bars for it to modify come from!)