Vital does not save preset names (FL Studio)

Check your “Auto Select Linked Modules” setting in FL Studio’s General Settings.

For the record I do not have the same issue with patch names as you do.

If you’re on Windows the latest version of Vital is 1.0.8

I didn’t realise 1.0.8 was available - thanks.

Switching off Auto Select Linked Modules doesn’t help - it just makes the Vital instances pile up on top of each other (still showing INIT PRESET).

Maybe you meant I should try switching it on to see if that helps? It doesn’t, because although it looks like FLS is closing your instruments, it doesn’t restore the patch names - the only way to do that is to manually close the Vital instances & then reopen them.

I’ve tried both Auto Select Linked Modules On and Off and both ways patch names are recalled. FL Studio 20.8.3 build [2304] 64 bit. Windows 10

Are you using the VST2 or VST 3 version of Vital?

If you click the big V logo on the vital interface and change the size ftom 100% to any other size then back to 100% it will refresh the patch name to the correct patch name.

I’m experiencing the same issue in Studio one 5. I have a song with several instances of Vital, but all of the Preset names say Init Preset. I’m using 1.5.5 on a Mac mini. However I have not yet encountered this issue in S1 version 6.

I work with students who are working with FL Studio (I don’t) and one of them told me he can’t export .vital preset (that’s the exercise, they have to give me back .vital presets) because FL has its own preset format. Is that real ?

No. It has it’s own format (from within FL Studio)
afbeelding

but is also able to save vital presets (from within Vital).