Vital Crashing while trying to install packs for the first run

i am on MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)
and it just doesnt like loading the default presets.
so whenever its in the middle of installing a preset pack it just fully crashes vital.

2 Likes

I have same here! What the actual hell. It worked like a charm with Free, and with Pro I have this? How to make a refund or I should make a chargeback?

Are you running Vital as a plugin or as a standalone app? You might try running it as a standalone application and let the presets download first. Once all that occurs you should be able to load up the plugin again. Maybe? Let us know if it works for you.

Hmm haven’t heard any issues about crashing on install until recently.
Are you on mac monterey also?

On mac the default install location is ~/Music/Vital so would be interested to know if some mac update changed that folder somehow.

yeah im on monterey.
it seemed to work after some time but now it just logs me out, i’ll check later.

1 Like

I am on latest Monterey, yes.

It finally stopped crashing Ableton on ~25 try and downloaded all presets. Yes, I actually tried it 25 times :rofl:And it finally finished downloading resets. I don’t know for sure how to reproduce it, but as an esoteric developer myself, I can guess it’s probably related with how you handle presets downloading.

Ok then, then I’ll guess it’s fixed for me for now, hopefully it will not be crashing when loaded.