Vital Crashing in Ableton 11 on Windows 10 Gaming Msi Laptop

Hey I downloaded vital to sync with ableton on my new laptop and for some reason keeps crashing when I pull it up. The whole vital screen will turn white and then ableton will stop responding. I haven’t been able to use it since and I just upgraded. Appreciate any help. Thx

Using the standalone version, open the hamburger menu and press “Log Out”:

Then press “Work Offline”

still crashing unfortunately

What’s you current Vital version? Have you tried using either the vst or vst3 version?

vst 3 havent tried the other versions

You should probably try them then, also what vital version number are you on?

What’s the model number of your MSI? I’m on an MIS GE 75 Raider with Intel Core i7 6-core processor and 16 GB of DDR4 ram. I am not experiencing any of these issues on my machine- Vital 1.0.8 works fine in Ableton Live 11 as a vst3. Also what build of Windows 10 are you on? And is it 64-bit?

I’m on Windows 10 Pro v1909- I am putting off going to 20H feature update as long as possible, because upgrading past 1909 has caused some memory leak issues on my desktop PC.

Just as a heads up Win 10 1909 hit end of life in May of 2021.

“These editions will no longer receive security updates after May 11, 2021”

The current version of Win 10 is 21H2 released in November of 2021.

I know- I am on Windows 10 Pro, so I have the ability to defer feature update for up to 365 days. But this has nothing to do with the memory leak issue on the desktop PC other than that they are both 64-bit Windows. I have 128 GB of DDR4 ram installed on the desktop p.c., so it’s not a huge issue as long as I keep my ram defragmented, but it’s annoying that it builds up ram usage over time- Windows should automatically be defragmenting the ram and clearing out unused memory, but it doesn’t. Currently I don’t have this issue with the gaming laptop, because it stays at about 25% of memory usage.

That’s all well and good but it doesn’t address the issue that your version of Windows no longer receives security updates and hasn’t since May of 2021.

For the record I have systems that are running 20H2, 21H1 and 21H2 and I don’t see any memory leak issues but then I reboot my systems each day.