Vital crashes in Bitwig 3.3

Have this problem too. On Ubuntu 20.04, Bitwig 3.3. It crashes as soon as the gui receives focus

1 Like

That’s exactly my scenario. It plays fine until I try to open up the gui.

The application icon also shows up blank and “unknown” in Ubuntu 20.04 as well for me.

1 Like

Yeah was talking to the bitwig devs the other day. I think this is on me (or maybe in JUCE) but I’ll need to dive into this a bit. Will report back soon hopefully as it’s pretty high on my priority.

5 Likes

I think is Bitwig problem because i had Bitwig 3.3 Beta installed and Vital was working fine

1 Like

I can confirm Vital not working with Bitwig Studio 3.3, I’m on Ubuntu 20.unsupported :smiley:

It throws these errors:

[2020-11-28 03:14:50 ramona-server error] Connection broken with client:
java.io.EOFException
at com.bitwig.ramona.serial.STQ.dxp(SourceFile:263)
at com.bitwig.ramona.serial.STQ.lMu(SourceFile:413)
at bJR.FuH(SourceFile:847)
at bJR.fx(SourceFile:669)
at bJR.fx(SourceFile:650)
at com.bitwig.ramona.protocol.UzR.fx(SourceFile:88)
at bKN.XJO(SourceFile:384)
at bKO.run(SourceFile:275)

[2020-11-28 03:15:02 notifications error] Plugins Crashed:
[2020-11-28 03:15:11 notifications error] Plugins Crashed:
[2020-11-28 03:15:22 ramona-server error] Connection broken with client:
java.io.EOFException
at com.bitwig.ramona.serial.STQ.dxp(SourceFile:263)
at com.bitwig.ramona.serial.STQ.lMu(SourceFile:413)
at bJR.FuH(SourceFile:847)
at bJR.fx(SourceFile:669)
at bJR.fx(SourceFile:650)
at com.bitwig.ramona.protocol.UzR.fx(SourceFile:88)
at bKN.XJO(SourceFile:384)
at bKO.run(SourceFile:275)

This seems to be a well discussed topic on the BW discord with multiple users reporting the issues to both sources. Hopefully they will prioritize this one.

1 Like

Have someone new Information ?

Nothing yet. This synth rawks…but I can’t use it in my only DAW :frowning:

One solution: uninstall Bitwig and keep Vital :grin:

Saw reports on Reddit that this is fixed in Beta 3.3.1

1 Like

I’ve installed the beta and it does fix the problem. Now the Vital UI remains visible when I use the mouse and I can adjust it etc. The BWS beta downloaded a ton of libraries so perhaps that’s related to this fix.

Great work!

1 Like

Nice news ! I just bought Vital and it doesn’t work in Bitwig 3.3 How long for new Bitwig realise usually ?

These minor point releases usually stay in beta for a few weeks then get released as proper up-issues. Pretty quick turnaround, in my opinion & experience (I’m a BWS user since 2017 apparently!).

Thanks. I’m excited to test Vital but i wont install beta version of bitwig because i don’t want to crash my work… I’m waiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

No issues on Windows 10

Can confirm Bitwig 3.3.1 beta 1 appears to host Vital without any issues on Arch Linux.

It’s now been up-issued from beta to stable … 3.3.1

1 Like

Yeah :slight_smile: Cool it work :slight_smile:

i can confirm Bitwig 3.3.1 is working on ubuntu

Hi. For me, Vital doesn’t crash when loaded as a VST in Bitwig 3.3.1 until I play with my friends and have my friend’s Drumbrute as a slave and another friend connected with Ableton link. When I play with my friends, I use a digital audio interface - either a Behringer UMC404 HD or a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, last time we played Vital crashed every 5 minutes, it was easy and quick to reload the plugin so this is what I did over and over again. Although in truth, playing in this way didn’t really interfere with what we were doing, it would be nice if there were a fix to make this more stable. You can tell I like the synth if I continue to use it after it crashes 20 or so times. It doesn’t seem to crash when I just have maybe one controller connected at home. Hopefully, the next update will sort this out.

Regards

Matthew Wood