Vital crashes in Bitwig 3.3

The plug-in was working fine in Bitwig 3.2.8. Just updated to version 3.3 and Vital keeps crashing. Thanks for any help.

4 Likes

Bitwig update are always funky, need to wait for a bitwig fix.
I always wait some weeks after a bitwig release.

Same here. The problem only appears in my Manjaro linux install, not on Windows 10.

5 Likes

Would you mind sharing some more specific information about your whole environment? It would be very helpful to know what OS you are running, and on what hardware.

I have been running countless instances of vital in bitwig 3.3 beta 5, beta 6, and official 3.3 (as of today) without a single hiccup. I am running windows 10 enterprise on an Intel 9700k build.

I have read several reports of an issue with vital in bitwig on certain linux configurations… If you fall in to this category, I can say that Matt is aware of the issue, and he has said several times that he has it near the top of his bug-fix list.

3 Likes

I’ve been using Vital for the last couple of weeks through some of the Bitwig 3.3 betas on macOS, and now with 3.3 full, and there doesn’t seem to be any problem here. This is on macOS 10.14.6, by the way.

1 Like

I’m running on Ubuntu 20.04.1

Same problem on Manjaro, Kernel 5.9, only on official version 3.3

Funny enough, I can still play what I wrote yesterday in version 3.2.8 with no issues, until I open the GUI. Seems to me like the GUI causes the crash so it might actually be a Bitwig problem and not a Vital problem?

If you need more info let me know what log files or commands you want me to check.

1 Like

No problems in Bitwig 3.3 on Windows 10. Sometimes there is like 0.5s lag when restoring plugin window but not affecting sound. Automated filters could display little visual glitches

Have this problem too. On Ubuntu 20.04, Bitwig 3.3. It crashes as soon as the gui receives focus

1 Like

That’s exactly my scenario. It plays fine until I try to open up the gui.

The application icon also shows up blank and “unknown” in Ubuntu 20.04 as well for me.

1 Like

Yeah was talking to the bitwig devs the other day. I think this is on me (or maybe in JUCE) but I’ll need to dive into this a bit. Will report back soon hopefully as it’s pretty high on my priority.

5 Likes

I think is Bitwig problem because i had Bitwig 3.3 Beta installed and Vital was working fine

1 Like

I can confirm Vital not working with Bitwig Studio 3.3, I’m on Ubuntu 20.unsupported :smiley:

It throws these errors:

[2020-11-28 03:14:50 ramona-server error] Connection broken with client:
java.io.EOFException
at com.bitwig.ramona.serial.STQ.dxp(SourceFile:263)
at com.bitwig.ramona.serial.STQ.lMu(SourceFile:413)
at bJR.FuH(SourceFile:847)
at bJR.fx(SourceFile:669)
at bJR.fx(SourceFile:650)
at com.bitwig.ramona.protocol.UzR.fx(SourceFile:88)
at bKN.XJO(SourceFile:384)
at bKO.run(SourceFile:275)

[2020-11-28 03:15:02 notifications error] Plugins Crashed:
[2020-11-28 03:15:11 notifications error] Plugins Crashed:
[2020-11-28 03:15:22 ramona-server error] Connection broken with client:
java.io.EOFException
at com.bitwig.ramona.serial.STQ.dxp(SourceFile:263)
at com.bitwig.ramona.serial.STQ.lMu(SourceFile:413)
at bJR.FuH(SourceFile:847)
at bJR.fx(SourceFile:669)
at bJR.fx(SourceFile:650)
at com.bitwig.ramona.protocol.UzR.fx(SourceFile:88)
at bKN.XJO(SourceFile:384)
at bKO.run(SourceFile:275)

This seems to be a well discussed topic on the BW discord with multiple users reporting the issues to both sources. Hopefully they will prioritize this one.

1 Like

Have someone new Information ?

Nothing yet. This synth rawks…but I can’t use it in my only DAW :frowning:

One solution: uninstall Bitwig and keep Vital :grin:

Saw reports on Reddit that this is fixed in Beta 3.3.1

1 Like

I’ve installed the beta and it does fix the problem. Now the Vital UI remains visible when I use the mouse and I can adjust it etc. The BWS beta downloaded a ton of libraries so perhaps that’s related to this fix.

Great work!

1 Like

Nice news ! I just bought Vital and it doesn’t work in Bitwig 3.3 How long for new Bitwig realise usually ?