Vital as a mobile app

A companion app that allows us to patch design on the go that can have presets move between pc/mobile; worthwhile or no? And yes I’m aware laptops exist.

If you’re on Android you could try running Debian on your mobile device and see if you can do it there?

Does that involve rooting my mobile?

I’m not overly technically inclined hence an app style solution was my go-to train of thought

I don’t think you need to. I think there are guides online, f.ex. on XDA, to set up the environment inside unrooted Android. Haven’t tried it out myself though.

edit: here https://www.xda-developers.com/guide-installing-and-running-a-gnulinux-environment-on-any-android-device/

If you try something like that out it would be interesting to read about your experience.

And within this after supposing a successful set up, I just run the vital.exe inside these things?

I shall try this on my spare phone as I don’t want to kill my brand new one (even if not likely, I don’t trust my inexperience lol)

Ofc not, you’ll have a linux environment so you can’t run windows executables. At least not with another compatibility layer. But as Vital has a linux version you could be able to run that.

Or if you have OnePlus 6 they say it can run vanilla linux kernel so you can just install one there I guess.

Dunno how the gui/desktop will work and such. It’s gonna be an experiment.