Hi everybody !
Here are some issues I noticed with Vital 1.0.8
- When launching as VST3 in Bitwig Studio 4, Vital freezes i f I use it more than 5 minutes. No problem if use it without GUI.
- When launching VST2 in Bitwig, it crashes if I close the GUI.
- When launching as standalone, I don’t have any access to GUI and it makes freeze completely Ubuntu Studio, i have to reboot the system.
Here is my config :
OS: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS x86_64
CPU: Intel i7-6700 (8) @ 4.000GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (proprietary driver nvidia-460)
RAM : 16 GB
Will try to launch it with nvidia-470 driver if it works.
If someone have a solution, i would be eternally thankful
Have a nice day !
Ok, I tried with nvidia-470 driver, and :
- the standalone app doesn’t want to show anything, but no freeze.
- the VST3 plug-in freezes in Bitwig Studio (not at starting, but if modulate something with the LFO, it becomes very laggy, and almost unuseable). Same issue with the VST2 plug-in.
I know that Bitwig has some issues with Vital synth right now. Are you also trying to tell us that Vital is not working correctly in stand alone mode on your system? Vital 1.0.7 is working great for me and I have a similar config to yourself. I will test 1.0.8 when I get home.
10.07 was crashing for me as a standalone, now with 1.0.8 it seems to be much better, just gave it a try for 5 minutes, not did a complete benchmark haha ^^
i’ll keep you tuned about usage on Bitwig Studio with 1.0.8 on a long time