U-D-O Super 6 style binaural unison

I’m not sure what’s going on under the hood in the U-D-O super 6 but the unison on that is the best I’ve ever heard.

If there was a switch on vital to switch to this kind of unison that would be glorious.

On another note I would love to see per voice randomness to the unison voices to make them seem more analog / random.

Just more controls to the stereo unison function in general would be incredible

1 Like

Interesting. I was thinking that the current Unison is just too random to handle and I was wishing to tame it (like in Arturia Pigments 3).

Now with the low voice count (up to 4) every key press is just too unstable, especially when the spread control is set to its maximum value.

But you know that you can set the different “spreads” in the unisono section on the “Advanced” page? The wt spread for instance means that each voice plays at another wt position… You can modulate the spreads.

Another example if you set Spectral Morph to “Low Pass” and then go to Page “Advanced” you can set a “Spect Spread” which will make your LowPass Frequency different for all voices.

The is probably not the amount of control you are expecting, but I bet it’s more than many people know…

1 Like

The Unison is perfectly controllable in the Advanced tab for the Oscillators:

Unison Blend: Will adjust the ‘loudness’ of the unison voices.

Stereo Unison: Will adjust the stereo spread of the unison voices.

Table Spread: Will allow each unison voice to play a separate section of the wavetable position.

Spect Spread: Will allow each unison voice to be affected by an individual level (offset level) of Spectral Morph applied to the oscillator.

Dist Spread: Will allow each unison voice to be affected by an individual level (offset level) of Wave Morph applied to the oscillator.