Studio One 5 Not seeing Vital 1.5 vst

Hello all! I love Vital, perhaps more than a mortal should. I recently had an issue where I opened the stand alone version of Vital 1.5, made a patch, but could not open it in my DAW (Studio 1 Artist v5, running on Windows 10); the error message (I wish I had made a screenshot) said, effectively, the patch could not be opened because it was made in a newer version of Vital. I tried reinstalling Vital with no luck,so I completely uninstalled Vital and deleted any leftover .VST3 files, and reinstalled from scratch. The stand alone version works fine, but now my DAW won’t see the .vst3 file despite going through a few variations and levels of telling it where to look for the new plugin, and forcing it to reload all plugins. I can confirm Vtial.vst3 is where I’m telling it to look, it just won’t load into the DAW. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I have a ton of projects that use Vital and I honestly don’t know what I will do if I can’t open those instrument parts any more.

The solution to your problem is simple. Try a full plugin scan like this:

Mac
Drücken Sie im Finder die Wahltaste und wählen Sie “Gehe > Mediathek”.
~/Library/Application Support/PreSonus/Plug-in Scanner/x64
~/Library/Application Support/PreSonus Software/Studio One 4/x64

Windows
C:\Users<name>\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\x64

Then delete the file: Plugins-.settings Example:
Plugins-en.settings, Plugins-it.settings.

For your own safety, you should save the file beforehand. The next time you restart studio One, it creates the deleted file independently.

Greetings Wolfgang

1 Like

Wolfgang,

I sincerely appreciate you responding, especially after how long it’s been since my original post. Thank you.

I deleted the file you suggested. Studio One (I’m on version 5.5) scanned the plugins as you suggested it would, with no luck. I then forced it within the program to scan again, with the same result. For whatever reason, Studio One v5.5 is not recognizing the Vital v1.5 .vst3 file as viable. I’ll have to do what I did last time and revert to version 1.08 until something gets updated. There’s only one Patch I’ve made in 1.5 and I never got the chance to use it in a song, so I’m not losing access to any important patches.

Again, thank you for trying!

-PE-

It took a while, and a lot of back-and-forth with Presonus support staff, but I’m 99% I got the solution.
I use a dedicated Plugin folder that is NOT the Windows default C:\Program Files\Common Files.… folders. What I finally figured out is that some .vst3 files (but not all!!!) will not be seen by Studio One unless they are in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. Vital 1.0 works in my preferred folder, but 1.5 only works when it’s in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. This was true for a number of scattered handful of plugins that I have (and the reason why I eventually reached out to Presonus, when I saw a growing pattern). I couldn’t tell you what the differences are between these different groups of .vst3 but maybe Matt and his team could shed some light?

Anyway, thanks to anyone that put time to figure this out.

-PE-