Standalone mode for live usage

hi there, first time poster.

i played around with vital the last couple of days, awesome synth, great capabilities!!! i would just love to use this live to complement my analog gear.

a couple of things i noticed on osx:

-the standalone version works absolutely the best performance wise, lowest latency, somehow better midi performance (no hanging notes)

there are a couple of things missing from the standalone version/generally:

-program change message implementation! is this planned for the standalone version? i really need to change my patches live via program change.

-midi channel selection, so not all channels are vitalized :slight_smile: a way to choose an input channel would be fantastic. (kind of collides with MPE, but it will be optional anyways)

-channel aftertouch and polyphonic aftertouch are on the same “modulator” they are not really the same thing though. i have a controller that sends both and it really f*cks up modulation from pressure :slight_smile: (since i get two concurrent readings) golden way would be to have both available.

of the above things i guess program change would be the most wanted feature to me, i need to change patches on stage with this! (when there will be gigs again after covid)

as soon as i bring in vital into an auhost of some sorts, the latency and midi handling are inferior to the standalone version, so i would really like to use that, if at all possible.

It is not possible for a controller to send poly-AT and channel-AT independently. Whenever you touch a single note you will by definition also have touched the keyboard channel. If your controller allows for that, you’ll have to either turn off the one or the other

well, my controller discerns the two, but it is not keyboard based. it is rather a midi-bass controller, the strings send poly-at, while fsr’s that trigger sounds send channel-at. but of course this is an edge case. i can also reprogram it to send a cc instead of aftertouch…