Retain Setting - MPE Enabled

So I just updated to 1.08 from 1.04 and one thing I miss is that the MPE setting would stay on while browsing presets. Hope in a future version we can get this option back.

Might also be nice to have a setting to always prefer Hi-Res Tables, etc…

4 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but just want to chime in and say that this is keeping me from updating - having to manually re-enable MPE every time I change a preset is sort of ridiculous, and no other VST that I’m aware of handles it like this.

I personally don’t see the point in saving MPE to the preset - especially when (as far as I can tell) there’s no “MPE enabled” preset tag. It’s not like a tuning file, where it can be an integral part of the patch’s sound (a .TUN file that sounds great on bagpipes might sound awful on a piano patch). It’s, fundamentally, just another Custom Controller. Part of MPE’s appeal is that it can work even on presets not expressly designed for it, as long as the synthesizer can handle MPE messages.

We don’t have to re-enable a sustain pedal or breath controller every time we switch presets, that would be silly. For the same reason, I would like an option to override the patch settings and have MPE on or off all the time.

1 Like