Renaming Presets banks and retaining favourite presets

Hi
I have renamed an imported bank and notice it drops the association with presets marked as favourites (If I rename it back I can see it still exists).
I couldn’t see where/which file contained this favourite list so I could manually update the preset folder name to retain the association.
Any idea where presets marked as favourites are stored (assuming it is a file based location)?

Thanks

If you’re on Windows check out appdata folder for file called Vital.favorites, it should be located in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\vital

Hope it helps ^.^

1 Like

It is indeed. Suppose it allows each user to have their own favourites. A quick search and replace will help with renaming. Many thanks.

On a Mac, this is located in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/vital

BTW - I was able to migrate from Windows to Mac and keep my favorites by doing two global search and replaces.

• first, replace “\” with “/” throughout the file
  • then replace “C:/Users/USERNAME/Documents/Vital” with “/Users/USERNAME/Music/Vital”

Save the file, and copy it into /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/vital. I did this while Vital was open. I closed and reopened Vital, and all my favorites were there! Of course, I had to copy all my preset packs over, too, or else Vital wouldn’t find the files.