Pitch and modwheel stopped working in 1.5.5

Hi there, for first i would like to send a big thanks to the developers for their amazing work.

Now to the bug. On 1.5.5 both vst and even standalone versions stopped recieving pitch bend and modwheel messages.

Reinstalling and deleting all registry entries didn’t help

Then I installed latest stable version, everything worked flawlessly there

Then I installed 1.5.5 again. Modwheel magically started working, but pitchbend is still idle and not responding to the pitch wheel.

1 Like

This is also happening to me, with Logic Pro X running MacOS Ventura 13.1. I have 2 controllers, vital does not recognize either when I try to learn MIDI for my kbds pitch or mod wheels.

l found a workaround for Logic. If you map Modwheel/Pitchbend to Logic Smart Controls, then you can do an external assignment from the Smart Control to the modwheel or pitchbend on your controller.

Pretty sure this is still an issue with 1.5.5 a year later. I just upgraded and my pitch and mod wheel are unresponsive in standalone and in daw. They only work if I manipulate them with my mouse.

Vital is amazing - wish this one annoying thing would get fixed…

Which OS and DAW?

They work for me, even though the wheel on the GUI doesn’t move.

2 Likes

In Ableton ( 9/10/11) Pitchbend has NEVER worked properly since launch never mind 1.5.5. To get it to work at all you have to enable mpe mode (why? ) and to add insult to injury that status isn’t saved with the patch or session. SO you have to remember to turn on mpe for every instance of every track that has pitch bend every time you load a session.
I bug reported it years ago and responded to other threads too, still no response.