Patch: Split Waveform Cycle Phase Offsetting

Wow… what a complicate title for a patch. It’s only a kind of technical name to reflect what’s the main trick of this patch. It’s not a fully optimized patch, more of a experiment to showcase the audio rate modulation capabilities of vital. So there’s some ModWheel interaction, but no velocity or other stuff.

It again uses the trick of audio rate modulation! In this case I spit the waveform of a saw in two halfs, one is the first part of a waveform cycle (OSC1) the 2nd obviously then the second part (OSC2).
Now I modulate the phase of each of the parts individually. That means that in the middle of the wave form cycle I will get sharp edges…which adds nice overtones to the spectrum.
Please now load the patch, and play a bit longer notes … then slowely open the mod wheel! Opening the mod wheel will increase the phase offsetting.
And if you listen closely you will hear a little funny delay mix modulation effect…but only very subtle
Half Cycle Phase Mod.vital (170.4 KB)

1 Like

I love this sharp sound! Definitely going to try and incorporate this technique, thanks for sharing!

1 Like