Opening Vital Crashes Ableton

Mac OS Big Sur, using vital in a project in Ableton 11.1.6. Whenever I open vital to edit the patch, Ableton seizes up and stops responding. Need to force quit Ableton and re-open. Can no longer work on the project because I cannot open Vital.

Are you on version 1.0.7 of Vital or on the early access build 1.5.1?

I’ on1.0.7

I’ve fixed a couple issues that could create some bad config files. Could you try upgrading to 1.5.1 and see if that fixes it for you? https://account.vital.audio/?product=vital

1.5.1 loads as “Vital Beta” instead of “Vital” so I’d need to delete the original synths and recreate all of them from scratch, so that’s not really an option :confused:

Hmm 1.5.1 should have loaded as “Vital” not “VitalBeta”. You might have downloaded version 1.5.0b underneath Vital 1.5.1?

whoops, I thought the 1.5 and onward were all beta, didn’t realize 1.5.1 was an official release. that solved the problem! sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m running Vital 1.5.1 on Mac Big Sur 11.6.7. Every time I try and drag the vital plugin to a midi channel in Ableton 11.1.6 it crashes Ableton. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Does the standalone Vital app crash also?

Nope, the Stand Alone app works just fine.