Opening patches on different machines without saving preset

Hi! I stopped using Vital because if I open a project on a different machine (from my PC to my Laptop) without saving the preset it sets to an initialized state.

Is there a way of doing this? Or do I always have to save the preset

Ty!

A Vital preset is a coded document. Vital doesn’t have a feature that automagically saves to a local drive or cloud repository without a name as we work on it.

I’m not sure about the free version, but can confirm the paid version downloads both default and purchased preset libraries. There is no current provision for synchronizing our user created presets across different instances of Vital on different devices.

In my process, like with any other digital document, is to create a new document and name or use the “save as” and give an existing preset a new name, before I begin working on it.

Before I had better equipment, I have trained myself to save regularly, just in case of a crash, so I don’t lose my work.

Next, you can change the default preset anytime using the “Set As Default Preset” in the Vital hamburger menu
Screenshot 2024-05-16 131803

Currently, I manually copy presets I have created to my mobile rig while working on my own automated solution using a free, open-source option named Syncthing, a continuous file synchronization program, which safely, privately synchronizes files between two or more computers in real time. https://syncthing.net

Hope this helps.