New Vital themes - coming soon

Vital will download the pack automatically on startup and let you install it.

You can also download it manually and click on the hamburger menu and select “Import Bank” to import the vitalbank file. Then in the advanced panel you can select the skin under the “Display” section.

2 Likes

Will you be adding your skins pack to the store? (I just checked, and I didn’t see it).

I saw the link on his instagram.
account.vital.audio/skins

Sweet :slight_smile: Thanks @Astrotype

p.s. re link - this works for me https://account.vital.audio/skins

1 Like

Yeah, I just wanted to add some more content before I started linking to the store everywhere.

2 Likes

Is there a another way to edit skins? Like xml file or something? The editor is super slow to work with. xml/text file would be great so one could just copy-paste the hexcodes.

Haven’t done this myself, but I would start by opening a .vitalskin file in your favorite editor (that supports plaintext saving) probably it is a human readable format.

2 Likes

Yeah, just figured that out :smiley:
That file makes the editing and making versions quite fast.

Not sure is this documented, but for at least for subscribers, there is Skin Pack 1 in the presets folder with four new skins.

And the bundled Candy Wave -skin is pretty close of what i would have made for myself so that saved some time.

The skin is actually a JSON/JS (JavaScript Object Notation) file… a fairly standard data transfer/storage for some time now. Easily opened with Notepad++ (free, OSS)… there are custom parsers/highlighters are this type of file (as many other types of files).

.vitalskin, .vital, .vitalfo, etc. all familiar the standard JSON format. I’ve learned a lot by studied the data in these vital files…