My computer got corrupted and it has something to do with vital

I was installing a vital skin, and when I clicked the vital skin and tried to open it with vital, it said something along the lines of “this preset is corrupted”. Then after that, my FL studio froze for a few seconds then crashed. When I tried reopening FL studio, it flickers the vital overlay like it’s trying to open vital…? I tried opening the task manager to see what’s going on but that also flickered the vital shortcut and didn’t open. I also noticed that most of my apps icons are this weird lower quality version of the vital icon. So I tried running a virus scan, but that didn’t work/detect anything. The last thing I want to do is delete all of my vital files including presets and stuff, or COMPLETELY REBOOT my computer, and lose everything. Can someone please help??? Wtf went wrong?

Have you tried turning it on and off again. Also, if the skin you were trying to load was for 1.5.x and you’re on 1.0.x, or vice-versa, that might have caused the issue; Vital changed rendering engines during 1.5

Also some good things for support to know:

• OS
  • Plugin Version
  • Vital Versoin
  • FL Studio Version

Lol, yes I have tried turning it off and on. Sadly my computer is completely unable to open anything or even open the command prompt. Its a 50/50 chance of what I installed being malicious malware or my system files somehow got corrupted. This has nothing to do with FL studio or Vital anymore. I have tried everything in the book… Spent hours researching on how to fix the problem. The only thing I can do is transfer the important files that I want to keep to a flashdrive and do a full reset on my computer, and reinstall them to the disc drive after. Every time I try to open anything I get an error that says something along the lines of “Windows could not find (whatever the file name of what I was trying to open is). Please locate this file or install it.” Or something. Tried doing a full virus scan that took over 3 hours to complete- still couldn’t detect anything. Tried doing a system restore but that also doesn’t work. Tells me that it could not run the program. I don’t know if I got restricted from my admin access or something but it’s too late now. I will remove this post because it doesn’t have anything to do with vital, sorry for wasting your time.

Oh and also I’m on windows.

Also my op was not very thoroughly explained, nor was my reply. Its a little hard to explain off memory (Im not going to be near my computer for a few days).

Maybe you could try to use a different DAW and then reset Vital there?

If that doesn’t work (probably likely), then you can reset your Vital settings.

Probably this directory: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\vital

In Vital.config you could try chaning “loaded_theme” or you just remove those settings and the skin entirely and see if Vital recreates them (maybe it only does that on a re-install).

Bro…that’s the first thing I did. I’ve uninstalled vital completely. FL studio can’t even open anymore, nothing can. Windows can’t repair or restore itself anymore.

1. Windows can’t run .exe files

2. I can’t open or use windows programs (gives me a fake popup that says “windows failed to execute” or something like that.

3. Can’t go on Google, Bing, Chrome, or internet explorer

4. All apps have no icon (white box)

I could keep going but I think you get the point. Most of these problems are basically impossible to have unless you have malware or your device. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it