Multiple licenses for Basic Free version, for educational use

Hello,

I would like to use Vital to teach synthesis to my college students. The EULA states that businesses and organisations need to purchase separate licenses for each user. How does this work with the Basic Free version? Is it possible to use one account to install Vital of multiple computers in a classroom, or must we have many separate accounts for this to work?

Thanks

Ben

2 Likes

I have this question too. Faculty at my school are requesting that the free version of Vital be installed. But all our computers are multi-user, so the install either needs to work for all users on a computer (which I can’t figure out how to do), or each student/staff would have to log into Vital with their own account and download the same presets in every user account redundantly.

What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks much,
Lance

It’s been months since Vital has had any support in the Forum. In any case, I’d create multiple emails or just log in with the same email on multiple computers.
I’m not a member of the Vital team, so this is not an official response, but just letting you know what I would do

The presets aren’t a huge issue - you can use your own and distribute them inside the organization.

Afaik Tytel hasn’t been responding to support requests in any channel lately, or if they have, it’s happening very slowly. Nobody who has said they can’t reach Tytel has came back to tell us they got a reply.

You can even draw your own wave shapes, layer them, and modify them with modifiers across the wavetable, so for teaching purposes you don’t need the included presets that have separate license. Making your own could be even beneficial for teaching. And, it’s not even necessary to log into the app, the synth works just fine when you click “work offline” at the login popup.

Old source code is on github, so you can even build your own.

Just remember that if you or your students run into bugs, there’s nobody fixing those atm.