MPE bug on preset recall (from DAW)

That’s just the thing we don’t know if it’s a ten second fix or a ten hour fix.

I think Matt might be more active on Discord but remember every minute he spends here is a minute he’s not writing code.

I agree it would be nice to have some word on progress but many developers don’t like to comment on such matters. If they say “I should have something in a month” and then for some unforeseen reason can’t make that date people will just end up being disappointed and/or upset.

All we can do is be patient. I want the new update as much as anyone but all we can do is wait and keep the faith.

Yes Vital vst3 is not recalling loaded presets that were saved as part of a Bitwig library file (Bitwig 4.2.2) on Windows 11 pc. I place vital as a group with other plugins and save that using the feature Save preset to library. When loading that preset later, Vital is loaded with the Init patch not the proper preset.

Heres how to fix the issue possibly. The only crucial difference in working versions lies in a check to verify if the GUI has been called by the DAW before the plugin is initialized. We found out that some DAW preloads the GUI, to speed up the first opening, causing issues if that happens before the plugin has completed its initialization.

Any word on fixing MPE Recall vs having to draw in an automation point to force it to stay on? Aka taping the door shut on your Tesla?

Hi, wondering if there’s been any progress made on this bug that basically makes the entire MPE feature not usable?

How we doing on this?

This is still bugged in 1.5.5 (VST3 in Bitwig 4.4.6 on Mac M1); toggling the MPE switch will fix things, and doing so with automation works. Very unfortunate, since Bitwig’s pitch expression features all use MPE under the hood.