Mouse scroll wheel fine/micro edit

One of my favorite things in vital that is so simple is editing parameters with the mouse scroll wheel when hovering over a control/modulation. Holding Shift + scroll allows you to change the Transpose by octaves, for example. But what I would like to be able to do is hold ctrl/shift/alt while I do this so that I can adjust the range on the smallest possible scale and really fine tune the value. When you hold ctrl and click/drag the parameter it lets you do this, but it would be a little more precise if you could also do this per click of the scroll wheel.

6 Likes

Yes iam with you, should be a good feature, get rid of clicking…

Absolutely.

Hello everybody!

I am visually impaired but I can use the computer (OSX) through various accessibility features built into the operating system.

I don’t know if it’s because of the zoom I use or if it’s an issue with the Apple trackpad, but when I try to change a numerical parameter with the scroll wheel, the values jump out of control. For this reason I came to the forum to request this fine-tuning functionality with some modifier key and I saw that someone wuzdiP had already suggested it, I’m just reinforcing the idea of its usefulness.

Notes:

1. This problem only happens on numeric values. In parameters adjusted through knobs, everything works perfectly smooth, without the big jumps in values.

2. I tried to disable the inertia (acceleration) function of the scroll, but without success.

3. Synths where it works without issue: Alchemy, Zebra 2.

4. It also happens in Helm, although with a smaller “degree of wildness” on the values jump

Other than that, having a lot of fun with this amazing piece of software.