Mod Wheel function

No Mod Wheel function via MIDI. In both direction, from channel 1 no reaction from Mod Wheel within Vital, and no function from Mod Wheel within Vital into Matrix.
Sorry for my poor English, just check the Mod Wheel you will get the idea…
(Windows 10, Ableton Live 12.0.1, Vital plus 1.5.5)

Cheers

What kind of midi controller do you have?
If it has an app you may be able to re-map within the software
For example, my Alesis keyboard needed to be remapped when I first got it for the drum pads and faders/knobs

Also it may be just a graphical bug of the mod wheel not moving, but still functioning, but this would be obvious

re-map is my workaround, but first midi mapping a macro with a hardware mod wheel, and than mapping this macro with the Vital mod wheel.
Direct mapping hardware to software mod wheel do not work.

Another workaround is within Ableton Live to use “Expression Control” and configure Vital mod wheel as an MPE source…

I did try it not only with Ableton Live, with Reaper 7.22 the same issue.
Controller are Roland A-88 or Novation Launchkey 37 MK3 at this time.

In both DAWs there are MIDI input monitor, channel 1 is receiving midi data. Also other synthesizer are don’t have this kind of issue. Vital is really the only one. At least on my system.

But thanks for Your kind help!

Huh weird, yeah you could install an earlier version of Vital 1.0.7 for example, see if it also has the same problem?
Otherwise, seems just unlucky :confused:
Good luck!

Yes, Version 1.0.7 I did tray at the first place. The same issue…
How You say, seems unlucky, if I am the only one. But now, I know, I am the only one… cool :grin:

Have a great time
Cheers

I remember there being an issue with NI Kontakt or other Native Intruments stuff, but haven’t heard anyone else with the same issue.

I’d recommend checking out the Vital Discord server, there’s usually lots of helpful community members that probably know more than me :slight_smile:

Good idea, but I think, the issue is now mentioned in the Bug treat and the developer will have a look.
If not, so it has no high priority and I have to live with my workaround.

In other hand, I would appreciate if there would be some day a fix coming about that. (<- This sentence looks strange, even for a stranger :smile:)
How far I know, it’s a single man company. So, no stress! :sunglasses:

1 Like