Maximum Audio Source "start_position" Value

I would like to get the maximum value for the “start_position” key in an audio source key frame. I’ve noticed it changes between audio files.

I have tried looking through source code, but I’m not too c++ savy yet. I’ve tried writing the “audio_file” value to a file and to getting the frame count from the waves python library but the file didn’t have a RIFF id so errors get thrown.

What does Vital convert dragged-in audio files into and how can I get the max “start_position” value from it?

1 Like

ANSWER

======================================================

Hey! I think I figured out what determined the max position of the last keyframe when you create a wavetable from an audio file.

HERE’S FORMULA:
Samples - Window Size = MaxPosition

Example:

WindowSize
PositionLastKeyFrame

So it would be: 30576 - 2048 = 28528

SOURCE CODE

Here’s the source code if you need it!
(Look on lines 209 - 239):
WavetableCreatorSourceCode

Here’s the function when you turn an audio file into wavetable

Here’s where it creates the first and last keyframes
Code 3

Note: The last keyframe is created either on 226 or 229, depends on if statement.

Here’s where it sets the position of the first and last keyframes

EXTRA NOTES

I’m also new to C++ so I’m not 100% sure on everything but I tried my best to decipher what I could in an hour XD. Let me know if you have any more questions! Hope this helps a little bit.

1 Like

Thanks for the time and effort! The Audio File Source has an “audio_file” parameter that contains the sample, any ideas on how to get the number of samples out of this thing?